Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2022, 12:11   #1
Senior Member+

The Owls Fly In

As someone well acquainted with today's opposition I suppose I better start the match thread. On Owlstalk they are unanimous they will win. Scores of 1-2/2-3 to 0-3 and even 0-5 being talked about.

They feel hard done by losing at Southampton midweek by the odd penalty in the sudden death and feel they will certainly win if they can repeat that performance.

At the same time, they are concerned they will still be tired from that journey and effort.

Southern based Owl has a dilemma. See attached thumbnail from Owlstalk Matchday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Accy Owlstalk.jpg (25.7 KB, 15 views)

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2022, 15:55   #2

Re: The Owls Fly In

Never mind the owls, the games almost over & there's no sign of Kiwi
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 16:50   #3
God Member

I was late waking up coz of, dare I say it, that excitement from watching the womens rugby World Cup final. It reminded me of why I used to love watching the All Blacks when I was a young fella...now days I really couldnt care about them much. By the time i got online, we were 1 down so I tried to do the right thing and went and watered the tomatoes. Clearly they have no 'magic' about them this year.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 16:59   #4
Full Member+

The Owls fly in with a massive budget compared to us...Barry Bannon £11k per week wages.
Result apart, i thought we did great today especially second have against a well organized Sheff Wed side. C'mon you Reds.
AccyMad likes this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 17:00   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

can someone tell me WHY when sean mac was injured seamus was put on? nothing against seamus but he is not a forward.
Old 12-11-2022, 17:25   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
can someone tell me WHY when sean mac was injured seamus was put on? nothing against seamus but he is not a forward.
I was watching Sean warming up pre-match and something didn't look right about him if I am honest and Conneely was warming up with clear instructions from the bench to be ready a good 5 or so minutes before Sean broke down, and also was Pritchard who was heads and shoulders our best player first half replaced because he was injured again. Still can't get my head around the lack of at least one striker on the pitch we made them comfortable at the back, surely if Coleman doesn't rate Delfounesue don't put him on the bench give someone else a chance. We played alright in small patches but yet again their keeper apart from routine saves wasn't really tested need results against teams around us starting away at Cambridge.
keep the faith likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 17:26   #7

Thought we acquitted ourselves quite well against an excellent Wednesday side. Our defending was superb for most of the match. However the lack of quality upfront showed again that we haven't solved our goal scoring problem.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 18:36   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
The Owls fly in with a massive budget compared to us...Barry Bannon £11k per week wages.
Result apart, i thought we did great today especially second have against a well organized Sheff Wed side. C'mon you Reds.
Realism at its best...........

AccyMad likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 18:37   #9
God Member

Quote:
Changed the system mate

Old 12-11-2022, 18:39   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Thought we acquitted ourselves quite well against an excellent Wednesday side. Our defending was superb for most of the match. However the lack of quality upfront showed again that we haven't solved our goal scoring problem.
Another sensible post

Old 12-11-2022, 19:28   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Another sensible post
And until we do we won't get results however much effort we put in its alright applauding effort but it's results that count we are desperately especially against the better sides woefully weak upfront.
Old 12-11-2022, 19:32   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Changed the system mate
changed the system what to? we were nowhere 1st half,
Old 12-11-2022, 20:37   #13
God Member

Quote:
Captain for captain, midfielder for midfielder
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 20:37   #14
God Member

Adedoyin came on too late, but looked dangerous when he did come on...

accytom18 likes this.

Old 13-11-2022, 08:37   #15
God Member

Wednesday in Bannan have probably the best and most consistent midfielder in the division but he,s paid yearly about 60% of our entire budget.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..