Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2006, 21:00   #1
I am Banned

The Perfect Venue?

Right Folks, if you've any doubts about going on Gigg Lane on Tuesday, please reconsider.

The ground has everything we need. 2100 seats in the away end, a roof with superb accoustics. Bright floodlights and a big, flat grassy pitch.

Coley and the boys will love it!!

Bury are in the middle of a slump, and their crowd are 90% " main stand moaners".

If we contain them for the first 15 minutes and Gary Roberts can weave his magic, I'm sure we will witness Stanley's first away victory in the league.

To the Ultra's and all; even Barnets 108 fans outsung the Bury youth club. Surely we can put on a performance to lift the boys???

Bury's fans have a drum, so I'm sure if you ask Mick S, he should be able to pull so strings to get that in as well!!

Get down to the Gigg for what promises to be a memorable night
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2006, 10:41   #2

Re: The Perfect Venue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred
Right Folks, if you've any doubts about going on Gigg Lane on Tuesday, please reconsider.

The ground has everything we need. 2100 seats in the away end, a roof with superb accoustics. Bright floodlights and a big, flat grassy pitch.

Coley and the boys will love it!!

Bury are in the middle of a slump, and their crowd are 90% " main stand moaners".

If we contain them for the first 15 minutes and Gary Roberts can weave his magic, I'm sure we will witness Stanley's first away victory in the league.

To the Ultra's and all; even Barnets 108 fans outsung the Bury youth club. Surely we can put on a performance to lift the boys???

Bury's fans have a drum, so I'm sure if you ask Mick S, he should be able to pull so strings to get that in as well!!

Get down to the Gigg for what promises to be a memorable night

I have never heard that before ... Barnet outsing somebody ? You MUST be mistaken, surley
Old 27-09-2006, 17:45   #3
I am Banned

Believe me it was true!!

Another surprise was that Bury "found" another 350 spectators between Saturday and Tuesday.
Or maybe Stanley fans went in the main stand, rather than behind the goals.

Anyway Bury were 100% better on Tuesday, unforunatly for us, and we stuggled again with their set pieces.
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 19:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred
Believe me it was true!!

Another surprise was that Bury "found" another 350 spectators between Saturday and Tuesday.
Or maybe Stanley fans went in the main stand, rather than behind the goals.

Anyway Bury were 100% better on Tuesday, unforunatly for us, and we stuggled again with their set pieces.
A good number of Stanley fans were in the main stand approx 150 ( i was deffo their)
Give us a green is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..