Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2021, 13:53   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Pompey (away) match thread.

thought it was an excellent display today, stanley deserved the 3 pts no doubt at all.Savin was superb, well deserved MOM in my view,
Old 09-05-2021, 15:44   #17

By my reckoning, we're the 55th best club in the country!
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 15:45   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thought it was an excellent display today, stanley deserved the 3 pts no doubt at all.Savin was superb, well deserved MOM in my view,
Thought we showed a bit of the future today with the fringe players some said we're nowhere near good enough, all 11 played their part today including Russell best league position since1958 Coleman again picking players from non - league Morgan having his best game in a Stanley shirt wait while he's had a full preseason and could be a real find, Savin great game as did all the back 4, Barclay growing into Hughes role. Next season could be a real time to be back on the terraces, unlucky Pompey but never thought you were good enough.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 16:36   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taypot View Post
By my reckoning, we're the 55th best club in the country!
Sorry Taypot, but you're 54 out!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 17:03   #20
God Member

Re: The Pompey (away) match thread - WE WON IT ON SKY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Sorry Taypot, but you're 54 out!
Mike........I take offence to that remark!!!

We are never, ever the 109th best in the country

MikeA and Revived Red like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 17:11   #21
God Member

Good post match interview from Coley mentioning couldn't be a better time to be coming to Stanley, no pressure to sell players, new training ground, new surface at the Wham no coincidence today we played well on a top surface with the training facilities hopefully our pitch will suit our style for the full season. Also mentioned a busy couple of weeks in the transfer market saying top players starting to be attracted to Stanley, that comes with improvement to facility,s not always about top dollar, maybe agent,s already trying to tempt Coley be an interesting summer and a great new season.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 18:00   #22
God Member

Just a great way to wrap it up for the season. Very well done Red men. Lets do it all again next August ?
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 18:23   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Just a great way to wrap it up for the season. Very well done Red men. Lets do it all again next August ?
was a great season but lets try and do it better next season.
Old 09-05-2021, 22:18   #24
Senior Member+

Unhappy Re: The Pompey (away) match thread.

From where I was sitting Portsmouth were definitely unlucky this afternoon...
Unlucky to meet a Stanley team so well-motivated and resolute that is !.
Let everyone of us hope that we can all meet up at The Crown (aka
Wham !) in August to watch a Football match in the way it was intended to be played !.
See you there ?...

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !!...
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:28   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Absolutely disgraceful coverage from Sky. They have cut to Danny Cowley 12 times without once cutting to JC.
did you expect it to be any different. they only televised the game because it was portsmouth and not stanley. they must have been livid that stanley rained on their parade.
cashman and Revived Red like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:34   #26

I had a couple of messages from some friends who support Portsmouth asking me not to pray for a Stanley win. I said there was no way I could go that far but I would pray for Oxford and Charlton not to win. Sadly for them I failed with that. I haven't heard anything from them since the final whistle. I'd have taken where we are at the beginning of the season and it's been a good season overall. We hoped for more as the season went on but I do think lack of squad depth told. Next season we start the roller coaster again with Sheffield Wednesday on the list of clubs I never thought we'd play, or beat, which I'm confident now will happen.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:37   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was a great season but lets try and do it better next season.
true but at least the team{if we can keep em all** looks a better prospect than it did 12 months ago. with our results against the name teams you can see players actually wanting to come to stanley and not treating the club as the last resort which has happened in the past. just a bit more luck with injuries and there is no reason stanley could not do a wycombe next season. just hope that expectations just do not infect a lot of fans when we kick off again.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:01   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Absolutely disgraceful coverage from Sky. They have cut to Danny Cowley 12 times without once cutting to JC.
Yes, but it was amusing watching the Cowleys not knowing what the hell to do about what was unfolding before them - even their beloved iPad couldn't help them
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:31   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Yes, but it was amusing watching the Cowleys not knowing what the hell to do about what was unfolding before them - even their beloved iPad couldn't help them
mind you i do not mind them. there are a number of others i,d prefer to knacker up a season for them.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:46   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
I had a couple of messages from some friends who support Portsmouth asking me not to pray for a Stanley win. I said there was no way I could go that far but I would pray for Oxford and Charlton not to win. Sadly for them I failed with that. I haven't heard anything from them since the final whistle. I'd have taken where we are at the beginning of the season and it's been a good season overall. We hoped for more as the season went on but I do think lack of squad depth told. Next season we start the roller coaster again with Sheffield Wednesday on the list of clubs I never thought we'd play, or beat, which I'm confident now will happen.
Divine intervention can in most cases be relied upon, if one believes that it can and will decree what happens in most things.
However, I found quite some time ago that where the results of Football are concerned ,that the almighty powers that can decide circumstances beyond the control of mere Football fans have little or no understanding in this area of earthly life.
LOC !.. This bit of philosophy might just help in reconstructing relationships with your friends, if not then try prayer !

Here endeth the lesson, and perhaps Yonmon's Summer postings herein !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..