Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2023, 22:05   #16

Re: The Shrewsbury thread

The things that stood out for me today were:
1. Jensen is our best keeper
2. Fernandes and Sangara make terrific centre-backs along side top player Rogers. I like how quick they are, great defensive headers and comfortable on the ball playing out from the back.
3. Pressley just needs service with crosses and he'll score more goals.
4. We miss Conneely's calm head in midfield when he doesn't play, Seb Quirk is a great find, quick with good ball control and aggressive when he needs to be.
5. Ros when fit should be the first name on the Team Sheet.
6. Glad to see Mitch back today not yet up to speed....but he'll improve with game time.
7. Leigh plays much better as an attacking midfielder than he ever does upfront, also gives us another target when we play long from the back.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2023, 14:26   #17
God Member

Just to go back to my comment after the match yesterday, Seamus came back and settled everything down and not one player was rushed or frenzied

There was a five minute spell at the start of the second half, when it was corner after corner from Shrews and a couple of silly free kicks given away towards the end of the game, apart from that I was never of the opinion that we would concede

I hope we can turn Dan Martin into the next Seamus, if not we need to find one

We win the next two League games and we stay up - simples

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2023, 17:43   #18
God Member

Good list, Crown Grounder.
One other notable was the through pass from Conneely for Longelo to run onto and cross for Pressley to knock in. Great, simple football.
All this season it’s been so frustrating to see both Stanley’s wide players running backward to the half way line to receive the ball then, facing the wrong way, having to try and turn and get past at least two ‘set’ defenders. Or, as too often happens, giving the ball back to the defender.

Conneely would have been the last I’d have expected to make such a pass but he should be especially applauded for that effort and seems to have come back from injury as a better player.
Of course it requires the wide man to ‘show’ he’s on the same attacking wavelength, wanting to get behind the defenders, and it’s no wonder Longelo won his third Man of the Match award.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..