Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2012, 14:06   #1
Senior Member+

The Tad Late Wycombe Thread

Wot no strikers starting?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-12-2012, 14:42   #2

Re: The Tad Late Wycombe Thread

2-0 down .need to get sumthing out this game
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 14:46   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
2-0 down .need to get sumthing out this game
It would help if they weren't enjoying 61% of the possession.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 15-12-2012, 15:15   #4

Need a point atleast bottom cuming to close . Cum on u reds
Old 15-12-2012, 15:20   #5

Matt mcclure off for them
Old 15-12-2012, 15:23   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Wot no strikers starting?

Apologies didn't see that at least Padraig was on the pitch first time round.

Old 15-12-2012, 15:25   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
Matt mcclure off for them
He apparently "assisted" both goals but apparently also scored the second one

Old 15-12-2012, 15:26   #8
Super Moderator

Gate - 1,050. This is what comes of poor home form.
Old 15-12-2012, 16:23   #9

This was not good, even the Ultras were quiet, even with 10 men they were better than us. The defence was poor, with the attack not troubling their goalie
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 16:27   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Not good twas disgraceful no-one looked like they wanted the ball until Carver @ Lindfield came on, our defence was shocking. wycombes were tight n they certainly aint the best side that we played this season.
Old 15-12-2012, 16:49   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Apologies didn't see that at least Padraig was on the pitch first time round.
For all the use he is he may well have stayed at home. Why Leam perseveres with him is beyond me. Carver showed he has more in his locker in the short time he was given. If Beattie continues to be unavailable I would go with Murph and Carver up front to give defenders something to think about. I thought Peter showed his best qualities going forward after half time. Podge is so easy to mark out of the game, it is almost embarrassing.
We were totally inept today, and continued with our kick and rush tactics even against the 10 men, continually over-hitting balls over the top and failing to make our 1 man advantage count. For once I think the MOM was the correct choice, as Lee was almost a one man attack in the second half.
At half time I was seriously considering leaving before full time, which would have been the very first time in my almost 60 years of watching footie. It was only the false hope that Wycombe gave by getting a man sent off which kept me till the bitter end with feet like blocks of ice.
cashman likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 19:22   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Just listened to Leam on fishy, he knows how poor they were today, didn't try to hide the fact, Lets hope he can get a positive reaction from this debacle.
Old 15-12-2012, 19:30   #13

Absolutely awfull today, payed my money so I'm going to have a rant.

Bocco must be pulling his hair out, literally the only player who looked anything like

If the manager thinks Dixon, Carver and Clark are better options than Hatfield Mingoia Gray Chippendale Barnett Shepperd we are in serious trouble.

Dixon looks nowhere near ready for this level, people saying Carver did anything need to actually think about what he contributed apart from running around, Clark has shown during pre season that he's a million miles away from this level at the moment.

As for the regulars, Podge literally hasn't contributed anything for weeks, murphy and toto don't even talk to each other, Deano can't play right back, and our central midfield are not combative enough

I'd like to put a question out there; how much influence does the new coach have because ever since he came in a lot of the team selections and substitutions have been bizarre? One example today; mingoia Hatfield and Barnett left on the bench when we're looking for a goal, instead we put on an untried youth player, a player who I can't remember having a shot all season and a right back!!!!

Worrying times
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 19:41   #14
God Member

Who are you meaning by the new coach???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 20:59   #15

The bloke stood behind leam taking notes during games and talking to the subs before they go on - I'm assuming he's an addition to the coaching staff since leam took over
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..