Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2022, 14:07   #31
Senior Member+

Re: THE vs Charlton and 'Just how crap was that ref'? thread,

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1265032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
?..but I couldn't see much in the sending off due to where I was and the angle of the replay.[/yQUOTE]

I was sat directly in line with the sending off incident in the Whinney Hill stand and was outraged at the decision.
But in the Crown afterwards one rueful Charlton fan did ask me if thought Leigh may have ‘lead with his elbow’.
Have now to agree with him.
As I said, I don’t believe it was a deliberate act but, if you look at Kippax’s photos on the Fishy site, he’s caught the incident perfectly.
Btw, Kippax’s also captured Longelo’s header and Leigh’s strike - well done to him.
Exile.
Tommy Leigh rose for the header earlier than Clare. I would therefore suggest that, Kipax’s photo possibly captures Leigh descending and Clare ascending, Clare having jumped later than Leigh. It is the contrary movement of ‘up and down’ causing Leigh’s arm to rise, being pushed higher up by Clare. Kipax’s photos show several players heading the ball and in varying degrees a good half of them show players with a ‘raised arm’. Very, very harsh sending off with the referee clearly influenced by Charlton players hopeful pleas.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 13-03-2022 at 14:13.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2022, 15:30   #32
God Member

You may be right, Choirboy, and I certainly thought it just one of many fairly typical contested heading battles and didn’t look to deserve a red card.
It would be great if Kippax has a series of photos that show the preceding seconds, and who was rising and/or falling, like he had for Longelo’s header.
But without that, I can’t see an an appeal succeeding.
Maybe they should have collecting buckets at every Stanley home game to help the fans fund appeals against red cards?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2022, 14:16   #33
Senior Member+

It was a red card for me.
I know how I would have felt had it been the other way round and no action taken.
He led with the elbow.
He actually looks at the player a couple of times as well while the ball is in flight.
We will need some steady heads and experience around tomorrow.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2022, 14:32   #34
Senior Member+

Similar incident at Chelsea match on Match of the Day 2 last night. Danny Murphy said he thought this was Not a Red Card as no malice or intent shown, just players going up to head the ball, a yellow card at the most…….hmmmmm.47D53373-30A6-4AC2-932B-75EADA362EF7.jpeg
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-03-2022, 14:46   #35
Senior Member+

I thought that Harvey Rogers had a great game on Saturday. Playing on the left side of a back three he marked Jayden Shockley really effectively for virtually the whole of the match. Stockley was forced out wide, due to Harvey playing so well, but he was less dangerous out there. Well done Harvey.
cashman likes this.
Old 14-03-2022, 14:46   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
It was a red card for me.
I know how I would have felt had it been the other way round and no action taken.
He led with the elbow.
He actually looks at the player a couple of times as well while the ball is in flight.
We will need some steady heads and experience around tomorrow.
Two suspended for tomorrow my lineup would be :-
Savin.
Sykes. Nottingham. Rodgers.
Hamilton. Pell. Conneely. Butcher. McConville.
Bishop Longelo.
Subs:- Isherwood. Amankwah. Morgan. Coyle. Lewis. Proctor. Nolan.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2022, 09:29   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it beats me how they keep their jobs useless is not a strong enough word.
when players have bad games they get dropped and criticised sometimes in public by managers. referees do not, and dare speak ill of them you,ll be fined and/or banned. a complete farce for the protected ones in the game.
cashman and ferret man like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2022, 15:27   #38
God Member

Post Re: THE vs Charlton and 'Just how crap was that ref'? thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I thought that Harvey Rogers had a great game on Saturday. Playing on the left side of a back three he marked Jayden Shockley really effectively for virtually the whole of the match. Stockley was forced out wide, due to Harvey playing so well, but he was less dangerous out there. Well done Harvey.
Still say that on his day Harvey is our best defender.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2022, 15:49   #39
God Member

All players, on their day, are good. But consistency is not guaranteed at any level of sport.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..