Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2023, 11:42   #1

The Wars of the Roses Thread

In under 24 hrs Stanley will face one of the biggest games since their reformation.
The match v Premiership Leeds Utd will be broadcast live from 12.15pm by the BBC.
Of course no one really expects us to win, but which Stanley will turn up?
If it's the same lacklustre display that saw us fail to score from open play for over 2 hours against non-league opposition, we're in for a hiding.
Surely, if any game demanded courage from our manager this is it.
Will he play it safe as usual, or try a bold new approach.
Personaly, I'd like to see either Adedoyin or Sisay up front with Pressley from the start.
They may not be Wilfred Zaha, but they're both big enough to offer a threat to the Leeds defence.
So come on Mr Coleman, this is the opportunity you've waited for, a chance to prove your management skills in front of a big audience.
Cut out the hoof ball & get back to playing football
Can the whippet beat the Greyhound? Can David beat Goliath?
For all Stanley fans, believing the impossible is a way of life.
cashman, Tommy McQueen and Taypot like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2023, 14:29   #2
Full Member+

Smile Re: The Wars of the Roses Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
In under 24 hrs Stanley will face one of the biggest games since their reformation.
The match v Premiership Leeds Utd will be broadcast live from 12.15pm by the BBC.
If it's the same lacklustre display that saw us fail to score from open play for over 2 hours against non-league opposition, we're in for a hiding.
Personaly, I'd like to see either Adedoyin or Sisay up front with Pressley from the start.
They may not be Wilfred Zaha, but they're both big enough to offer a threat to the Leeds defence.
So come on Mr Coleman, this is the opportunity you've waited for, a chance to prove your management skills in front of a big audience.

Great post, lets hope Mr Coleman reads this message board
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 14:32   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Wars of the Roses Thread

wont make no difference if he reads this at all.doubt if he will even play a striker unless presleys fit.
Old 27-01-2023, 15:16   #4
God Member

Quote:
Adeoyin still on the injured list Sisse couldn't even make the bench with nine subs against Borehamwood the other night Pressley will start if he,s deemed fully recovered from his bruising, if he does would like young Adekoya given a go next to him but unfortunately can't see it happening.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 18:08   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if pressley is fully fit??? if he plays i doubt if the lad will be. that will not be anything new.
Old 27-01-2023, 18:17   #6
Senior Member+

On the positive side ...
I was told that ,allegedly, following Tuesday nights game a forlorn looking Jesse Marsch was seen walking as if in shock down Whalley Road. When questioned by a passer by worried by this sad sight he was finally well enough to utter the words ( and I quote ) " What can one possibly do to overcome tactics so bizarrely different to anything I've ever witnessed in my years in football ?... I am bewildered and baffled by Coleman's futuristic thinking..we are beaten ! ! ".
He was later joined by a French member of his Coaching Team who led him away somewhat unsteadily murmuring " Merde.. Merde.. Merde !" incessantly.
Now then folks, if this report is accurate, and it might well be. Then the Reds ( with or without strikers Cashy !).. have little to fear from a team without a plan !..
( Time for my medication is nigh... ON STANLEY.. ON !!.)
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 21:06   #7
Super Moderator

Sadly Koedy Adeoyin and Touray Sisay are injured

On a positive note Aaron P says the new boots he had delivered today will be used tomorrow
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 21:30   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
On the positive side ...
I was told that ,allegedly, following Tuesday nights game a forlorn looking Jesse Marsch was seen walking as if in shock down Whalley Road. When questioned by a passer by worried by this sad sight he was finally well enough to utter the words ( and I quote ) " What can one possibly do to overcome tactics so bizarrely different to anything I've ever witnessed in my years in football ?... I am bewildered and baffled by Coleman's futuristic thinking..we are beaten ! ! ".
He was later joined by a French member of his Coaching Team who led him away somewhat unsteadily murmuring " Merde.. Merde.. Merde !" incessantly.
Now then folks, if this report is accurate, and it might well be. Then the Reds ( with or without strikers Cashy !).. have little to fear from a team without a plan !..
( Time for my medication is nigh... ON STANLEY.. ON !!.)
Wow Yonmon! Methinks thou must have had some medication before the match! You seem to have breached the barrier into the world of phantasmic football. Can I have some of what you are on please?
KEEP THE FAITH
yonmon likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 22:19   #9
Senior Member+

Full but positive Ultra behavior tomorrow everyone! Maximum Flags, maximum colour and maximum volume. KEEP THE FAITH…..ON STANLEY ON! Make it A WIN WIN DAY FOR THE STANLEY FAITHFUL!❤️🇦🇹🇵🇱🇲🇨🇵🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🎶⚽️🎅🧑*🎄😍🎵❤️🍺🍺🍺
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 22:46   #10

It's a funny old game is football when you're a Stanley fan.......I'm just hoping we don't pick up any more injuries to our players tomorrow.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2023, 08:22   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Sadly Koedy Adeoyin and Touray Sisay are injured

On a positive note Aaron P says the new boots he had delivered today will be used tomorrow
Mt T....can yoi just explain how its possible that Touray Sisay is injured. He never plays!
Old 28-01-2023, 08:53   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Mt T....can yoi just explain how its possible that Touray Sisay is injured. He never plays!
You can get injured in training Crown Grounder

Also, we seem to have a lot of injuries that seem to linger........

Just a few thought

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2023, 09:06   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
He picked up some serious splinter wounds in his rear end that last appearance on the bench aggravated by running up and down the touchline 🤔
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2023, 09:29   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
You can get injured in training Crown Grounder

Also, we seem to have a lot of injuries that seem to linger........

Just a few thought

Val while I agree what you are saying makes perfect sense........he's been injured since he arrived at the club we are now 6 months on. He hasn't had any operations so why isn't he now fit to play? Don't our players have medical examinations before they are signed onto the payroll. If not we are a very stupid club and very unprofessional. I can't believe Andy Holt would allow player signings without proper due diligence and medical checks.
Old 28-01-2023, 09:53   #15
God Member

Quote:
Just my opinion, but I would not start with Woods, or Adekoya - too young and do not have enough experience.

Pressley must start, with Whalley and Tommy either side of him

Harvey, Doug and Ryan at the back - as Coley loves 3 at the back......

Sean, Ethan, Ros and Liam in midfield

With what we have available, that is my XI - 3-4-3

Woods and Adekoya will be useful from the bench

Not long now
yonmon likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..