Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 19:27   #16
God Member

Re: theres an atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by longballking
Is the drum smaller then it used to be? it didn't seem as loud as it was before or was this part of the deal with the miserable gits living nearby who bought a house near a football ground but want it nice and quiet on a saturday afternoon?

The Incredible Shrinking Drum..........was definately smaller at the weekend....more bearded bloke from playaway than Tommy lee!!!!!!!!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2006, 20:18   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley
we did have a drum for swindon match , sushhhhh
Is the drum smaller then it used to be? it didn't seem as loud as it was before or was this part of the deal with the miserable gits living nearby who bought a house near a football ground but want it nice and quiet on a saturday afternoon?
longballking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 20:28   #18
God Member

I'm sure I heard Dan and Kaz make a comment that they thought things were quieter than usual.Then again it was the wee small hours over here....
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 20:59   #19

We were stood in the Coppice end near the changing rooms with the kids football team and thought you made plenty of noise against Swindon, we could hear Diesel drumming away, it made a difference having the little drum...The main stand seemed to join in more

The previous week we took the footy team to the game against Wycombe and we sat in the main stand in the corner closest to the Clayton end and it was very quiet... Until mangan scored the winner!!!!....No drum!!!
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 21:04   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
thats toddys goal just turn your speakers up loud and listen to the stanley roar when we score
Thanks for the link, John, but who's the prat with his hands on his head? I love the 'I can't believe it!' from one of the Swindon fans!

Last edited by MikeA; 10-10-2006 at 21:26.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:19   #21
God Member

Once again ,and being a colonial not fluent in 'Wiltshireism',can someone translate what the Swindon mob are chanting???(thanks for the link JT)
Old 11-10-2006, 10:22   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John
Once again ,and being a colonial not fluent in 'Wiltshireism',can someone translate what the Swindon mob are chanting???(thanks for the link JT)
They are chanting "Dennis Wise's barmy army" then the goal went in....oooo it sounded so good us cheering and them moaning that is, hee hee

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 17:08   #23
God Member

Thanks Harwood Red, much appreciated.
Old 11-10-2006, 21:52   #24
Senior Member+

I've just done a search for Accrington on YouTube and come up with a few gems I've not seen before. Here's a link that'll save you some time: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search.

There's the Forest match with a commentary that's got to be heard to be believed, Wrexham Reserves, Welchy's goal at Stockport (thanks to Diesel) complete with pathetic commentary, the 'Elton John' Watford preview and what they call the Mild Advert but with only an 'ex' instead of 'exactly'. The Swindon fans come across as a decent bunch.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 21:59   #25
I am Banned

Blimey we do have atmosphere from other end LOL nice to hear wat we sound like from tother end Just imagine if we had a roof ??? lol
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 15:38   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Blimey we do have atmosphere from other end LOL nice to hear wat we sound like from tother end Just imagine if we had a roof ??? lol
We do have a roof. We have 2 (sort of).
It's not just the Clayton End celebrating!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 21:32   #27
God Member

Talking Re: theres an atmosphere

tolds you,s atmosphere is getting better and more positive

cmon stanley cart on staniley staniley
were red were white were f****N dynamite
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..