Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2012, 09:28   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Thoughts on a new captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
12 months? Really? Unless you were on Mars from last January through to May, you would have seen Craney come into the squad and catalyse our push for the play-offs with countless influential appearances and some fantastic goals. Sure, he struggled for form as this season began and just as his match fitness was improving suffered a freak injury taking him out of action for a while. But the facts remain: Craney was vice-captain to Procter, has a long history with this club and is always mentioned by players as an important character in the dressing room. That's not even mentioning the effort he's put in to getting back into the team from his injury. The guy has determination and a will-to-win that is unrivaled in this squad, in my opinion. I can't believe people are thinking of anyone else for captain, personally, but I guess that's football.

I can quite easily............ Yes the man did well when he returned last xmas, you tell me the last time he was 100......... YES 100% fit...... I would say 12 months ago at least. His ego is as big as Joey Barton's, and its no-coincidence that since he hasnt played and Hughes has come in we have rocketed up the league. Determination, will to win...... Every player that Coleman picks has this (with maybe the exception of Wes earlier in the season).

Oh and would appreciate it if you would stop ripping off my taglines and stories in your blog and column.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2012, 09:30   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Craney, its simple to me,whilst i take the point about match fitness, if he scores 2 crackers,like against Oldham last week,that'll do fer me, end of the day were a small club (Non-League) in wi the big boys, 11x 100%ers aint good enough,yeh need summat extra to advance n craneys got that. imho.

Yes, BUT HOW OFTEN DO WE SEE IT ?!!??!?!?!

Not enough, Simple.
Old 21-01-2012, 09:37   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Oh and would appreciate it if you would stop ripping off my taglines and stories in your blog and column.
Excuse me? Everything I write is all mine thank you very much. I don't need to rip anything off from anyone, not least you. I don't even read anything you might do. The last thing I read was some SkySports thing last season that I was less than impressed with so trust me, I have absolutely no desire to rip anything off of yours.

Before each deadline I sit and write everything from scratch using only a blank Word document and the match stats. I'd appreciate it if you apologised and took that back because you are bang out of order and extremely insulting.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 09:39   #19
Senior Member+

I couldent give a stuff what you think to be honest.

Well then, think your better, you email Sky and do it.

Come back when you have watched Stanley for 22 years.
Old 21-01-2012, 09:40   #20
God Member

fight, fight, fight

Old 21-01-2012, 09:43   #21
Senior Member+

Ive kept quiet Rob for a while but the likes of.........

"On Stanley On" at the end of the piece..........

Ian "Sicknote" Craney..........

As well as a number of others where all written on my pieces last season.

Be original, I am.
Old 21-01-2012, 09:45   #22
God Member

I've never commented on your SkySports blogs on the basis that 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything'. I wasn't impressed but it doesn't matter what I think about it, you cart on. It's not about being 'better', it's about taking on the responsibility of representing the fans and enjoying your hobby. Don't take it so seriously.

So come on. What exactly is it that I've supposed to have 'ripped off' from you?

edit: just seen your post.

Please point me in the direction of your copyright on "On, Stanley, On". Didn't know you wrote that song. Well done to you! Ian 'Sicknote' Craney - wow, I couldn't possibly have come up with that without ripping off your blogs.

Mate, I don't even read anything you do, so to rip anything off would be a minor miracle.

Stop being a girl.

Last edited by shakermaker; 21-01-2012 at 09:47.
Old 21-01-2012, 09:49   #23
God Member

p.s. No offence to girls.
Old 21-01-2012, 09:49   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Yes, BUT HOW OFTEN DO WE SEE IT ?!!??!?!?!

Not enough, Simple.
11x100%ers aint enough in the big league either,Simple.
Old 21-01-2012, 09:58   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
11x100%ers aint enough in the big league either,Simple.

Which is why we have Bryan Hughes

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..