Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2021, 17:52   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Tickets For Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Strange he did not play today and we played Harvey - right back - instead???

thought he played quite well,our captain was not at the races today though.
Old 20-11-2021, 20:12   #32
God Member

2027 home fans about average I,d say.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 20:22   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
2027 home fans about average I,d say.
1945 home fans today.
First time in 120 years we’ve played Sheffield Wednesday and the town comes out in force.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 06:58   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
1945 home fans today.
First time in 120 years we’ve played Sheffield Wednesday and the town comes out in force.
I said it wouldn't beat the Plymouth home fans number as that was in an international break Burnley at home yesterday were most of the " floating " support comes from Blackburn struggling themselves for support this season plus the £25 which too plenty is I,m afraid too much.
Old 21-11-2021, 09:57   #35
Super Moderator

Sorry just picking up on this and a few points

SWFC sold their full allocation in 3 days. Ever since then the ticket office phone lines have been bombarded with Sheff Weds fans ringing to claim they were "neutrals" trying to get into the home end. We took details and ran them by the SWFC ticket office and the vast majority had buying history with SWFC.

This is also the reason on-line sales were suspended for this game otherwise the Clayton would been full; with Wednesday fans

Likewise we couldn't "advertise" sales on the day as that would have gone against what we agreed with Lancs Police. We need to keep them on board to keep the amount we spend with them to a minimum.

Shurm, good to see you if only for a few seconds !! Sorry we made things a little difficult for you, but there were good reason's as explained
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 09:58   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
1945 home fans today.
its still more than it was a few seasons ago but still less than it should be even at the price charged.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 11:39   #37

No worries mate I understand nice to see you again.
cashman likes this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 12:57   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Sorry just picking up on this and a few points

SWFC sold their full allocation in 3 days. Ever since then the ticket office phone lines have been bombarded with Sheff Weds fans ringing to claim they were "neutrals" trying to get into the home end. We took details and ran them by the SWFC ticket office and the vast majority had buying history with SWFC.

This is also the reason on-line sales were suspended for this game otherwise the Clayton would been full; with Wednesday fans

Likewise we couldn't "advertise" sales on the day as that would have gone against what we agreed with Lancs Police. We need to keep them on board to keep the amount we spend with them to a minimum.

Shurm, good to see you if only for a few seconds !! Sorry we made things a little difficult for you, but there were good reason's as explained
Quick question for Mr.T can online ticketing sales not have the same security questions or is this too difficult to apply, my reason for asking his I think online sales will eventually grow the home support gradually has saves the hassle of visiting the ticket office in person.
Old 21-11-2021, 16:06   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Quick question for Mr.T can online ticketing sales not have the same security questions or is this too difficult to apply, my reason for asking his I think online sales will eventually grow the home support gradually has saves the hassle of visiting the ticket office in person.
Andy;

Good points and work in progress.

I believe we're trying a postcode filter for Wigan PJT, Fleetwood and AFC Wimbledon games with on-sales.

IF on-line sales of home tickets do get into hands of away fans for these games, no issues as we will have room to transfer away fans into the away end.

When we give the full allocation to the away team we don't have that option
cashman likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 16:15   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Andy;

Good points and work in progress.

I believe we're trying a postcode filter for Wigan PJT, Fleetwood and AFC Wimbledon games with on-sales.

IF on-line sales of home tickets do get into hands of away fans for these games, no issues as we will have room to transfer away fans into the away end.

When we give the full allocation to the away team we don't have that option
Thanks Mark interesting shows what end some fans will go to though to watch their team good luck going forward online it's the future of ticket sales in this ever changing technology world we find ourselves in.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..