Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2008, 14:39   #61
Resting In Peace

Re: todays game

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
lets not fool ourselfs but wrexham where awful but ...... we where top form on sat and the 2 new lads in the side where up to the job
Wrexham made us look on top form, and if you call that top form it's no saying much for the quality of the players. As for the two new lads. Murphy did all that was asked of him except had one late tackle. Bell, who was playing at full back, never made a tackle, Cav had to cover up for him all throughout the game. Every time a Wrexham player ran at Bell he just stood there whilst they ran past him. Apart from when taking throw ins I don't think he touched the ball more than half a dozen times during the ninety minutes. I have seen this lad in the reserves and he is just as bad, he just doesn't look like a footballer when he is on the pitch. I am afraid that if is name wasn't Bell he wouldn't have got a contract. I hope he proves me wrong but I don't think so. If any of you haven't seen him play then he will probably be playing tonight. Take a look up the FES and make your own judgement. Thank's Tommy McQueen at least there is one other person who sees the games realistically and not through coleman tinted glasses.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2008, 14:43   #62
Senior Member+

I wasn't going to post anything, but it's interesting to read Jeff's post re: the academy players. Very accurate assessment I'd say.
Old 28-04-2008, 15:41   #63

shaun whalley is in the league two team of the week

see link :

http://www.football-league.premiumtv...~125772,00.pdf

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..