Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2010, 19:49   #1

Today's meeting of Shareholders

At this afternoon's meeting of shareholders, it was voted that the Directors of Accrington Stanley Football Club Ltd should increase the authorised share capital by £200 000.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2010, 20:38   #2
Full Member+

Re: Today's meeting of Shareholders

excuse my ignorance but what does that mean?
Old 16-01-2010, 20:43   #3
God Member

Exclamation Re: Today's meeting of Shareholders

I think it means that at the moment there is £100K worth of shares, this being recommended at a Shareholders meeting, means that the Directors can issue more shares, to the value of £200K. This will give the chance to anyone who wants to, to have a little - or whatever! - bit of Stanley!!

If I am wrong, somebody please put me right!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 16-01-2010 at 20:46.
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 21:01   #4

Thumbs up Re: Today's meeting of Shareholders

Can only be good for the club - let's all have a bit!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 21:03   #5
God Member

Smile Re: Today's meeting of Shareholders

I agree, wholeheartedly!

Old 16-01-2010, 22:43   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

being a total numpty in share matters, i can only assume Share Capital means n increase of the actual available shares? if so it leads me to ask what Type of shares? Class A/ Class B? as from what little i understand their is a differance in voting rights with these shares? would be interested to know the answers, if i am interpreting it wrong, get knotted ya silly owd get does not offend me.
Old 16-01-2010, 23:57   #7
God Member

From my understanding of being at yesterdays meeting, all the shareholders have done is basicaly given the current board of directors a MANDATE to issue new shares in ASFC upto £200,000 in value. Whether they are to be A shares or B shares was NOT discussed, neither is it 'set in stone' that it will happen, it was purely a technical issue giving the board the option to do so at a later date if they should decide to. So I think we all have plenty of time to start putting a couple of quid away each week/month to buy shares if and when the board decide it wants to go down that route.

I must point out that this is what I understand to be the current state of affairs, no doubt if Im wrong someone will put us all right.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 00:15   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
From my understanding of being at yesterdays meeting, all the shareholders have done is basicaly given the current board of directors a MANDATE to issue new shares in ASFC upto £200,000 in value. Whether they are to be A shares or B shares was NOT discussed, neither is it 'set in stone' that it will happen, it was purely a technical issue giving the board the option to do so at a later date if they should decide to. So I think we all have plenty of time to start putting a couple of quid away each week/month to buy shares if and when the board decide it wants to go down that route.

I must point out that this is what I understand to be the current state of affairs, no doubt if Im wrong someone will put us all right.

cheers fer that uk, personally would like it to happen.
Old 17-01-2010, 01:27   #9
God Member

was the 'majority' shareholder present? if not does it not matter? The meeting was very short notice so maybe not everyone could be there to vote.

Good news though by the way!
Old 17-01-2010, 09:34   #10
Senior Member+

the majority share holder is David O'Neil and yes he was there.
Old 17-01-2010, 09:38   #11

Spot on ukcowboy, and the percentage of overall shares held by those present was more than enough to authorise the mandate.

For clarification the present 'A' and 'B' shares hold equal voting rights as stated in the ASFC's Mem and Arts. (legal stuff!)
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 10:16   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Spot on ukcowboy, and the percentage of overall shares held by those present was more than enough to authorise the mandate.

For clarification the present 'A' and 'B' shares hold equal voting rights as stated in the ASFC's Mem and Arts. (legal stuff!)
ta sherry, the shares A,B, can go either way regarding voting rights, so i'm led to believe, so clarification about the present shares is worth knowing.
Old 17-01-2010, 10:31   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I think it means that at the moment there is £100K worth of shares, this being recommended at a Shareholders meeting, means that the Directors can issue more shares, to the value of £200K. This will give the chance to anyone who wants to, to have a little - or whatever! - bit of Stanley!!

If I am wrong, somebody please put me right!!!
If there is currently 100k worth of shares and 51% of those shares are owned by one person, does it not mean that somebody can buy the other 100k worth and become the major shareholder ?
Old 17-01-2010, 10:47   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If there is currently 100k worth of shares and 51% of those shares are owned by one person, does it not mean that somebody can buy the other 100k worth and become the major shareholder ?
A very interesting point there. Can someone in the know clarify it please.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 10:54   #15
God Member

Exclamation Re: Today's meeting of Shareholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

Not sure LD, but, on re-reading my post, I think it has come across incorrectly! The current is £100K, the meeting yesterday means that an ADDITIONAL £200K can be issued! Sorry if I put it across wrongly!! But, sorry I cannot answer that question, but I am sure that it will be clarified soon!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..