Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 17:31   #1

Todays Referee

Man in charge of todays Game was Danny McDermid from Hampshire, or rather Major McDermid, who is currently a serving soldier in the Royal Logistics Corps and who returned safely to the UK a couple of weeks ago following a six month deployment to Afghanistan.
(No comments about the enemy being bad shots please).

Here are a few articles about said Referee

HAMPSHIRE referee Danny McDermid was at the centre of the controversy which surrounded the end of Salisbury City's FA Trophy dream.

Steve Thompson calls Danny McDermid the worst referee he has ever seen after Notts County's defeat by MK Dons

BOSS Kevin Bond refused to point the finger of blame at referee Danny McDermid after Cherries had exited the FA Cup in controversial fashion.

Torquay were not happy with referee Danny McDermid�s decision to award Town a penalty and they were enraged five minutes from time

LATICS boss John Sheridan vented his frustration at referee Danny McDermid after watching Athletic lose 1-0 at Yeovil Town

Oldham boss John Sheridan was furious with referee Danny McDermid for not booking Chris Cohen after the Glovers man's challenge felled McDonald

Referee Danny McDermid's controversial penalty decision, for an alleged push on Swindon striker Lee Peacock by Adam Murray in the 62nd minute

trouble markers Anthony Gerrard and Ian Roper throughout an opening half that was only livened by the erratic antics of London referee Danny McDermid

But referee Danny McDermid waved away furious Bournemouth protests when the goal was ruled out.

League newcomer Danny McDermid dismissed both Matt Somner and Alan White, leaving Thompson to blast the referee for his performance
Steve Thompson calls Danny McDermid the worst referee he has ever seen after ... Notts County manager

The Magpies chief described Danny McDermid's showing in Saturday's 3-2 defeat to MK Dons as "the worst I've seen in 30 years of professional football

Torquay have been reported to the Football Association by referee Danny McDermid following an incident after Saturday's 1-0 home defeat by Swindon

He was furious that referee Danny McDermid refused to award a penalty after Ady Williams tangled with Jordan Robertson inside the area five minutes from

John Martin stepped up and converted the spot kick but for some inexplicable reason Referee Mr. McDermid insisted it be retaken

The referee, Danny McDermid, might have known he was in for a funny old afternoon when he awarded County a penalty early on only to be alerted to the fact that the linesman had already flagged for offside.

Leicester boss Rob Kelly blamed rookie referee Danny McDermid for costing his side two points in a controversial 1-1 draw with Colchester.
Old 10-03-2012, 17:48   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Todays Referee

Obviously a popular chap then.
Old 10-03-2012, 19:57   #3

Has a lot of history with the Stanley too. I saw him at Stevenage first season we were in the Conference. Absolutely awful. I think we had seven or eight booked. Has sent Coley to the stands at least once. My heart sinks every time I see we've got him as ref.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 23:20   #4
Senior Member+

He certainly lived down to his reputation today. He was terrible.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..