Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2005, 07:23   #1
Super Moderator

Tomorrow's gate

With Burnley playing tonight and Rovers away tomorrow, what are the chances of a 2,000 gate? I doubt that Farnborough will be bringing many but the last time we had no local competition on a Saturday (Woking) we achieved this and perhaps a few casual fans many be tempted to give us a chance after the Halifax match. I hope it happens, even though it will cost me another fiver!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2005, 07:26   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Tomorrow's gate

I'd love to see a big gate for tomorrow's game, but somehow I can't see us getting many more than 1500. Perhaps it'll depend on the weather?
Old 07-01-2005, 07:34   #3
Super Moderator

Somebody has just told me that Burnley v Liverpool might be off if it rains heavily today, so I'm starting to get worried!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:50   #4
Senior Member+

A Liverpool fan in work said he thought the match may not be on tonight at Turf Moor. But I'm sure we've still been able to play when Burnley have had games called off in the past. Maybe it's a testament to our pitch?

It's belting down here on the Fylde coast, but fingers are crossed for tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2005, 13:56   #5
I am Banned

Burnley's game is set to go ahead tonight, however there is still a risk of the game being abandoned if the conditions get worse when they start the match.

These are some pics of the game against Leicester last week that got called off.

game.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=7070
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 17:03   #6

Quote:
Maybe it's a testament to our pitch?
It's a testament to the half time divet boys.
Old 07-01-2005, 17:50   #7
Senior Member+

We will do it no problem, the players turned pro's this year........

And so have we
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 18:17   #8
I am Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearon1
Burnley's game is set to go ahead tonight, however there is still a risk of the game being abandoned if the conditions get worse when they start the match.
I have just heard on Radio lancashire that tonights FA Cup fixture at Turf Moor has been called off.

This might mean that a few fans who are missing their regular fix of weekend football will come over to watch the Reds tomorrow.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 19:47   #9
I am Banned

They will have already spent money on there ticket for Burnley and might not be able to afford it.

Il be going though
Old 08-01-2005, 18:50   #10
Junior Member+

anyone else dissapointed with 1,115?
StanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 18:53   #11
I am Banned

I think most people will be dissapointed
Old 10-01-2005, 07:22   #12
Super Moderator

Right, that's the last time I speculate about a 2,000 gate! Very disappointing attendance, though, after the great display on and and off the field at Halifax which was on TV for all to see. It makes you wonder just what the team, club and dedicated supporters' groups like the Ultras have to do to attract more fans.

On a more positive note, great support as ever from the "faithful eleven hundred". I'm sure Councillor Britcliffe appreciated the vocal tribute to him!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..