Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2012, 23:01   #1

Too many loanees?

Ok, I am hurting right now as a result of the Oxford and Torquay performances and I have commented on the Oxford thread about the number of loanees. So, do we have too many? Do we really need Sampson when we have Podge, Boco and Gray (bring him back). Atkinson has proved himself and I think he suits our style of play but Winnard is fit now and leads to a back four of Liddle, Toto, Winnard and Lindfield (I think he has played well in the back four). The two Watford lads played well together at Chesterfield but haven't played together ever since. Bring Eckersley back and let's build for the future. The league is tight at the moment but we can make this right.
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2012, 08:48   #2
God Member

Re: Too many loanees?

well I thought this a couple of weeks but was persuaded otherwise by folk who think its good for competition within the squad etc but the stats are:

1 loanee played win
1 loanee played won
1 loanee played lost
1 loanee played won
1 loanee played Drew
2 loanees played drew
4 loanees played lost
5 loanees played won
5 loanees played won
3 loanees played lost
5 loanees played lost
4 loanees played lost

Chesterfield away seems to have been a watershed for playing loanees, up to that game we had only featured two loanees on one occasion but only one each game before that. Since that game nearly half the team has been borrowed - and results have dipped, and goals have shipped.

They may very well be better players individually than what we have (debatable) but are they carrying out the instructions given?

Miller and Hatfield played the first six games together and we lost only one.
In the six games since Miller lost his place to Schofield we have lost four (conceding 16 goals).
Hatfield has only played two of the six games that Miller missed - we won them both.

Now i don't particularly understand all the tacticary of the game to the 9th degree, and who is doing what, but it would appear that the stats prove loanees have upset the balance of the team and that Joyce and Miller offer better protection than Joyce and Schofield - and somehow Hatfield is linking the game better from the defensive midfielders.

And results seem improved when Liddle plays at the back with Molyneux or Chippendale (left footers) in front of him.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 08:54   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I aint sure at all one way or the other, It could also possibly be,Teams have now wised up to our new style? Whatever it is cooky will suss it n rectify, of that i'm pretty certain.
Old 21-10-2012, 09:00   #4
God Member

Maybe we are hung up on the term "Loanee" and by that I mean, Kev Long was a loanee - not many complaints there and not many had problems with Cisak, or Boozer!!

Maybe they need time to gel, maybe they are not good enough, maybe there is not an issue????

Everything will change when we get back-to-back home wins, which will put us back in the top ten

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 09:12   #5
God Member

course it will!

and Cisak wasn't on loan was he? thats why we got £17.87 off Oldham for a transfer fee.

Boozer just has a cool name, he was fairly crap really.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 09:16   #6
Senior Member+

Cisak wasnt on loan........

Bouza was very underated, made one mistake away at Northampton and got dropped immediately when others where given numerous chances.

He is now keeping Cisak out of the Oldham team....... So he cant be that bad.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 09:17   #7
Senior Member+

As for the loaness............. agreed they arent all up to it.
Old 21-10-2012, 09:59   #8
Senior Member+

No loanees required now and how many of them are better than the players we have available from our own resources and out on loan? I would suggest none and in many cases I would choose our own over them. Get Carver and Eckersley back asap.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 10:04   #9
Senior Member+

Personally I think Atkinson & Schofield have done well (up till yesterday)

Other than that the others have contributed very little in my humble opinion.
Old 21-10-2012, 10:38   #10
God Member

Red face Re: Too many loanees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
course it will!

and Cisak wasn't on loan was he? thats why we got £17.87 off Oldham for a transfer fee.

Boozer just has a cool name, he was fairly crap really.
Cisak ..... Too early, but you know what I meant Did not realise we got so much for him!!!

Old 21-10-2012, 11:07   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Did not realise we got so much for him!!!
It was £15.32 but somebody negotiated the deal very well and linked it to inflation
Old 21-10-2012, 21:07   #12

Keep a loan player happy by playing him or upset a STANLEY player by not playing him.

Watford lads... on yer bike
Schofield... good player but no fitness.. on yer bike
Sampson .. still unproven... but we have podge, boco, gray and Carver... On yer bike
Atkinson.. great centre half... keep for cover till Dean Winnard is back. Thats how you use the loan market to its advantage. could Eckersley do the job?

We have a lot of midfielders on our books that are all more than capable enough to boss games... why do we need to bring another 3 in on loan.

Need a Goalkeeper (Bavs has been awesome this season but cant teach on old dog new tricks) and someone proven to score at this level. I think Sampson deserves a shot to games under his belt.
Old 22-10-2012, 05:11   #13
God Member

On Saturday, Sampson was a waste of a playing spot, we might as well have had 10 men. If he found himself in space, he went and found an Oxford player to mark him. When he got the ball, Sampson never got past any Oxford player and very few of his passes actually got to a Stanley player. And as for his chance of a goal, I couldn't believe what I saw, 2 yards out and facing goal with the ball at his feet, nobody in front of him, and he chooses to pass the ball out of the 6 yard box

If Sampson never puts on a Stanley shirt again, I'll be very happy.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 09:03   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Personally I think Atkinson & Schofield have done well (up till yesterday)

Other than that the others have contributed very little in my humble opinion.
Totally agree, and these two are in a slightly different situation, i.e.brought in when we needed them (Atkinson: winnard injured/toto banned, Schofield: Miller injured).

In my opinion the other loanees, who have been put in the team within a couple of days of joining the club are definitely no better than what's at the club already. With Carver due back shortly, Gray back from suspension next week, Dixon looking promising, and Hatfield, Chippendale etc etc available we do not need these current loan players.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 19:37   #15
God Member

Smile Re: Too many loanees?

1 loanee played win
1 loanee played won
1 loanee played lost
1 loanee played won
1 loanee played Drew
2 loanees played drew
4 loanees played lost
5 loanees played won
5 loanees played won
3 loanees played lost
5 loanees played lost
4 loanees played lost
1 loanee played won
Updated..........

The smile is for the win

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..