Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2012, 10:52   #1

Torquay fan in peace

Morning all,

Still trying to cope with the heartbreak of a 93rd minute equaliser at home to Crewe on Saturday, which may well have cost us an automatic spot.

However, obviously you guys have a chance to do us (and the whole of football for that matter!) a massive favour on Saturday by grabbing something off the evil that is Crawley Town.

I'd be really interested to know if you guys will be playing a first team, or whether your gaffer's likely to throw a few young 'uns into the mix?

Would also be keen to know if you reckon you'll be having a right go at it!

Pure speculation and guesswork, I know, but I/we need something to get us through this week!

Cheers

JB
jbgull is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2012, 11:17   #2
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Torquay fan in peace

Well jbgull,don't exspect Creepy's to get an easy game up here!! And i would think we'l field the strongest side available like against SHREWSBURY

Last edited by mab; 30-04-2012 at 11:23.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 11:35   #3
God Member

now that Steve Evans has left I couldn't give a monkeys one way or t'other about Crawley.

I'm not over keen on clubs buying up success but if one of us won the euromillions would it be any different? Beyond that side of things I think its great for football that little clubs like us are upsetting the establishment and keeping bigger clubs down. Dagenham going up a couple of years ago was fantastic for football, as would Crawley going up this year (not so Stevenage last year though).

Nowt against Torquay either though and wish your club all the best how ever the results fall. I'd expect our team to be a mix of young and old but whoever plays they'll be giving it their best shot.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 11:43   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Reckon it will be a mixture of young uns n older heads, got too many injured fer it to be owt else, Don't worry too much about Stanley, they sure as hell will give it their best shot, as the Shrews were sick a bit to observe. Wish Torquay well, but don't forget Southend can do it also, Crawley are about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit up here, So keep yer fingers crossed were likely to upset em in my opinion.
Old 30-04-2012, 11:46   #5

Thanks for replies guys. Admittedly, with the fat twonk gone, they are marginally less hateful, but they have become something of a nemesis for us over recent years and missing out on goal difference, which could well be the case, to Crawley would further add to the hatred!

Que sera sera and all that......
Old 30-04-2012, 12:35   #6
Senior Member+

Listened to Steve Evans on Radio Sheffield at the weekend. He referred to Crawley as his team because he had built it.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 13:01   #7

Bit of a dilemma for me….. Hate Crawley, but would miss my local game at Torquay if they went up. Best outcome for me would be for us to beat Crawley, Hereford to beat Torquay and Southend to go up.

Then I have Torquay, Exeter & Plymouth for next season.

All out of our hands though, the results will be what they are, good luck to Torquay though. Good club and deserve a shot at League One.

Would you rather have a Torquay weekender next season or a Crawley one ????????
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 13:50   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Reckon it will be a mixture of young uns n older heads, got too many injured fer it to be owt else, Don't worry too much about Stanley, they sure as hell will give it their best shot, as the Shrews were sick a bit to observe. Wish Torquay well, but don't forget Southend can do it also, Crawley are about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit up here, So keep yer fingers crossed were likely to upset em in my opinion.
Popular or not Cashy...something evil this way comes !!
"
We are currently taking bookings for the fourth coach but we can take many more. If we win on Saturday this game will be talked about for years and when someone asks "Where were you when......" how will you feel if the answer is "At home in front of the TV?" If you have a choice, you need to be in Accrington. We can take you."
So sayeth the Crawly Town website, who appear to be placing some importance on the game !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 14:06   #9

First three coaches are going to Alton Towers though
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 14:10   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Popular or not Cashy...something evil this way comes !!
"
We are currently taking bookings for the fourth coach but we can take many more. If we win on Saturday this game will be talked about for years and when someone asks "Where were you when......" how will you feel if the answer is "At home in front of the TV?" If you have a choice, you need to be in Accrington. We can take you."
So sayeth the Crawly Town website, who appear to be placing some importance on the game !!.
Well if thats the case, seems to me like there crapping it n are desparate fer n extra man wi the support.
Old 30-04-2012, 18:19   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgull View Post
Morning all,

Still trying to cope with the heartbreak of a 93rd minute equaliser at home to Crewe on Saturday, which may well have cost us an automatic spot.

However, obviously you guys have a chance to do us (and the whole of football for that matter!) a massive favour on Saturday by grabbing something off the evil that is Crawley Town.

I'd be really interested to know if you guys will be playing a first team, or whether your gaffer's likely to throw a few young 'uns into the mix?

Would also be keen to know if you reckon you'll be having a right go at it!

Pure speculation and guesswork, I know, but I/we need something to get us through this week!

Cheers

JB
I think our manager will want to end the season with a good win, so maybe a few youngsters on the bench, but more or less our first team to start. Yes i hope we can stop them getting automatic promotion, in fact i've been looking forward to this one since the fixtures came out! It would've been better if Coley and big gob Evans were on the touchline to give it that extra edge, but i'm glad their destiny is in our hands and they aren't already up!
Look on the bright side JB,if you end up in the play offs at least you wont have to travel hundreds of miles up north again for the final.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 18:41   #12
God Member

I want us to sign off this season in style some of our play and chances we have created of late have deserved more than we have got.

I just got a feeling that this could be the one where it clicks

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:09   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Bit of a dilemma for me….. Hate Crawley, but would miss my local game at Torquay if they went up. Best outcome for me would be for us to beat Crawley, Hereford to beat Torquay and Southend to go up.

Would you rather have a Torquay weekender next season or a Crawley one ????????
Exactly my sentiments. For those of us exiled to the southern wilderness, Torquay is one of the best away fixtures. A season without Hanbury's fish and chips will be tough to take.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:01   #14

I'll be sure to pass on the message to the lads that fish and chips is at stake next season.

We'll roll over!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:15   #15
God Member

In that case, make mine a large cod for next season.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..