Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 08:53   #1
Senior Member+

Transfer window

Well, it well and truly opened now. Wayne Curtis has gone on loan from Morecambe to Barrow, Lee McEvilly has signed a permanent deal with Rochdale (just in time to score a few against us), amongst many other movements.

What are the chances of us getting players in before Saturday's game? If we don't have the players lined up already, then it's going to be a hard, hard watch on Saturday.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Transfer window

Couldn't agree more TM. Striking options worry me now that Clarke has returned to Rovers that leaves us with Paul Mullin and Andrew Smith. One can only hope that we either a. get a new striker by tomorrow or b. the above two options play out of their skin. Lets hope Gornell and Griffiths return till the end of the season, but my biggest worry is the goalkeeping department. To me Bav's looks nervous everytime the ball gets anywhere near him. Yes he has made some good saves, but the howler against Grimsby makes my point.I know Kenny is not yet ready (heres hoping for a speedy return) but is Jamie ready to be thrown into the spotlight of league football?
Lets hope for a postponement at the least or a very wishful away win. Happy New Year to all supporters and players and staff of Accrington Stanley, here's hoping for a better 2nd half of the season.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:17   #3
God Member

Problems with Griffiths deal

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 13:20   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
understandable, big sam must check out all his staff, to be fair to em, don't do much good fer stanley though.
Old 02-01-2009, 13:30   #5
Senior Member+

I'd be surprised if Terry Gornell was back for tomorrow's match. Tranmere need cover for a couple of injured strikers and Terry himself missed Sunday's game against Walsall through injury, after starting at Edgar Street on Boxing Day.

Meanwhile, Godwin Antwi has returned to Liverpool after his loan at Tranmere...

Last edited by MikeA; 02-01-2009 at 13:34.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 14:30   #6
Senior Member+

we should try and get antwi and aswad back they were good players, i hope we do get griffiths and gornell back on loan! bit bad about clarke going back ok he didnt score many goals but he was a proven striker who could last the full 90mins!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 16:53   #7

it would be great to get gornell back but if not surely there is a decent striker out there,with money tight at accy apart from loans who could we get ?.unfortunately decent strikers cost money,but without a proven striker to feed of mully where are the goals going to come from.i know clarke got a hat trick but he's not consistent enough and missed a lot of scoring chances that came his way,chances will be in sort supply at rochdale but you never know with football and maybe we are due a bit of luck at spotland.so come on accy lets give them a bloody nose i their own back yard.

ACCY TILL I DIE.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 17:09   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
we should try and get antwi and aswad back they were good players, i hope we do get griffiths and gornell back on loan! bit bad about clarke going back ok he didnt score many goals but he was a proven striker who could last the full 90mins!
Liverpool would surely want to loan Antwi out to a higher placed club to further his development.
With regards to Aswad Thomas, I thought he was largely disappointing for the majority of his time here. No ta for me!

I'd like to see David Worrall back here, along with Gornell (permanently), Griffiths and Charnock.

edit - just read that we have Charnock until the end of the season. Good stuff!

Last edited by shakermaker; 02-01-2009 at 17:12.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 18:19   #9
God Member

I think we should enquire for Danny Carlton from Carlisle.

two reasons;
a) he's half decent and could do a job for us - but maybe a little too similar to John Miles?
b) it would annoy our Crusty Park 'mates' no end as they were mostly all hoping to sign him - til the embargo spoilt that idea. Their board has confirmed he will be going back to Carlisle when his deal expires on the 11th January. I quote ' it will be a blow to the fans'
Old 03-01-2009, 02:06   #10
Senior Member+

why should rovers allow any of our players back to this club especially with such disrespectful "fans"...id give it the big .....

and in no way way am i calling the club...just the so called "fans"...

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:53   #11
Senior Member+

Just accept it. Clarke was a flop and Griffiths was a hit, end of story.

It's how it goes sometimes, now grow up!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:38   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
why should rovers allow any of our players back to this club especially with such disrespectful "fans"...id give it the big .....

and in no way way am i calling the club...just the so called "fans"...
Why should anyone be disrespectful to a Blackburn Rovers. Accept it, Clarke could not cut the mustard at Accy, whether that was through injury or whatever, he was not good enough. Griffiths on the other hand had a shaky start but got better as the time he was here went on.
Personally, I think you should be washing your own dirty linen after the Paul Ince affair. Your own fans called him fit to burn before he arrived whereas others thought he would be the messiah. Glass houses and stones and throwing methinks

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:57   #13
Senior Member+

pmsfl !!! i love fishing its fun .....

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 17:08   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
pmsfl !!! i love fishing its fun .....
Grow up.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:18   #15
Senior Member+

is it true we have been linked with John Newby?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..