Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 18:44   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Trialists

Yeovil officially given up on Gary Roberts - so he is staying for the time being

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-07-2006, 09:08   #17

I wouldnt have been that bothard if Roberts had gone, a player who doesnt want to be at the cub shoudnt be stopped leaving, and if he has lost all will to play for this club, then let Doherty take his place

Simple, eh ?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:15   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMonkey
I wouldnt have been that bothard if Roberts had gone, a player who doesnt want to be at the cub shoudnt be stopped leaving, and if he has lost all will to play for this club, then let Doherty take his place

Simple, eh ?

Your posting on a public MB that Gary Roberts doesnt want to play for the club, that he has lost his will to play for the club... Doesnt matter if you ad "if" its still muck spreading... where are you getting this info from ? You.. not other people.. your the one spreading this gossip

Consider Eric whalley wheeling and dealing and saying whatever he needs to ...to make things happen..

Has anyone heard from gary roberts or seen him to ask what he thinks... or is it knives out and attack one of our best players at the drop of a hat..

Gary Roberts is one of our best players and again... I agree one man doesnt make a team.... But if you think he can easilly be replaced then your very deluded...
Old 07-07-2006, 09:22   #19

It has been said time and time again, even Whalley himsef has said that "If he wants to move on and its purely financial it doesn't say much, does it, for the lad himself?"
So dont have a go at me pal, you dont even know me, im saying what has already been said on here before
Old 07-07-2006, 09:25   #20
God Member

Exactly.. been said on here.. its a messageboard and your slagging off one of our best players based on what you read on here... every player moves for financial reasons.. where do you get not going to give 100% from and doesnt want to play for us?... from here.. your spreading this stuff about him and sticking a big shiney knife in his back based on what you read on a messageboard.....
Old 07-07-2006, 09:29   #21

And your defending him when you havent even spoken to him ..... so how do you know ?
If you read my other posts about what the chairman has said, then you will see what i mean, but im not going to repeat it again.
Your right, i am going off what people have said, but only of what Whalley has said
Old 07-07-2006, 09:34   #22
God Member

So your saying you heard eric whalley.. or your going off what other people have said he said ....... see what I mean ? I also said you should consider eric saying whatever he has to in order to get the result he wants..

But I still would like to know why your in different threads on here talking about him not wanting to play for the club and not giving 100% etc...

Why not support a stanley player instead of attacking him ?

Oh and where am I defending him? I ahvent spoken to him and I ahve no idea whats happening... but neither have you... but your attacking him I aint.. and I am not defending him either...
Old 07-07-2006, 09:40   #23

Why not support a staney player ???
I didnt miss a home game ALL season, wether it was Co-Op cup or Conference, it didnt bother me, i was there supporting the boys
So for you, someone that doesnt know me in the sightest, to come on here and post that, really bloody confuses me
Old 07-07-2006, 09:41   #24
God Member

Wow you took that the wrong way... whoooosh
Old 07-07-2006, 10:05   #25

On your part maybe, i understood it fully
Old 07-07-2006, 10:08   #26
God Member

I dont think you did... I didnt type to imply you wernt supporting ASFC or wasnt a good supporter.. I was typing to say that you are posting in multiple threads remarks about gary roberts that are IMHO unfounded.. Thus i was saying support him not attack him.. thats all i was saying... it wasnt meant as a personal insult

somehow you took that to mean i was saying you wernt a good supporter.. i never said or intended to say that... never crossed my mind... but you ahve to admit you are having a go at him.... i am suggesting support him..
Old 07-07-2006, 10:12   #27

I dont understand all this IMHO or IMO stuff, so thats just jargon to me .....
I am not saying i will not support Gary, i will, but if his heart is not in it anymore, why make him stay ?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:14   #28
God Member

IMHO is internet jargon and as your using the intenet......IMHO means In My Humble Opinion..
Old 07-07-2006, 10:18   #29

Word of advice Dan. Dont get in the ring with Kipax. You'll never make it out alive......
Old 07-07-2006, 10:20   #30

So ? just because im using the internet doesnt mean i have to know all of this stuff .....Anyway, lets get back on topic
It looks like Gary's staying till at least January (i said at least, so no need to dive on head) so it looks like he will be continuing in the famous red shirt of Accrington

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..