Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 21:02   #1
Senior Member+

Trialists?

The last reserve game featured:

De Vita Blackburn Striker

Ray Shearwood - Preston defender also having trials with Oldham

Arran Macarthy - Preston

Ruairidh Winters - Oldham

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2008, 21:14   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Trialists?

De Vita's profile:

Raffaele De Vita | Blackburn Rovers | Team | 1st Team Profiles

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 22:59   #3
Senior Member+

De Vita would look like a good signing especially with his goal in how many games played record.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 16:28   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
De Vita would look like a good signing especially with his goal in how many games played record.
Yes but Leighton McGivern ahd 2 goals in 2 starts and it didnt do him any favours
Old 10-05-2008, 15:10   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Yes but Leighton McGivern ahd 2 goals in 2 starts and it didnt do him any favours

good point
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 01:57   #6
Junior Member+

De vita's a good lad, im a rovers fan and i got his facebook, he pretty social with all us Rovers lot.. Good lad.
Joshbrfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 09:55   #7
God Member

Looks like he's had a lot of bad luck with injuries though, but I wouldn't worry - I doubt Blackburn would let us have anyone else after the way Mark King was messed about here
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 11:30   #8
Senior Member+

true i felt sorry for mark king i hope he goes on and shows coley what he lost!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 12:29   #9
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Looks like he's had a lot of bad luck with injuries though, but I wouldn't worry - I doubt Blackburn would let us have anyone else after the way Mark King was messed about here
Blackburn didn't let us have him, they released him and we signed him as a free agent.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 15:07   #10
Full Member+

In any case, what's the "messed about" bit? 1.You give soneone a short-term contract, maybe on someone else's recommendation. 2.You have a good look at him, especially in training. 3.You decide that maybe he isn't good enough after all. 4.You don't pick him. 5. You release him. That's the way professional football works, not just with King, but with hundreds of others throughout the country. If some people thought that King was an improvement on Cav, Phil and Leam, then fair enough, but obviously Coley didn't, and neither, as a matter of interest, did I.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 15:50   #11
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
If some people thought that King was an improvement on Cav, Phil and Leam, then fair enough, but obviously Coley didn't, and neither, as a matter of interest, did I.
I agree Oldgobbin. When I first saw King at Stockport he looked OK, but when I saw him play against Liverpool Reserves/Youth team he looked lost and had a bad game. If he was like this in training then no wonder Coley didn't play him.
Old 13-05-2008, 23:25   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Blackburn didn't let us have him, they released him and we signed him as a free agent.
I think you will find he was still tied to blackburn as it was a 50/50 salary agreement.... source.... Mark King

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 08:40   #13
Resting In Peace

Mark King (born 6 June 1988 in England) is an English professional footballer who currently plays as a defender for Accrington Stanley.

Career
He started his career at Blackburn Rovers after coming through the youth system and then into the reserves. However, he failed to make an appearance for the first team side at Ewood Park mainly because he sustained two serious knee injuries.

He was signed by Football League Two side Accrington Stanley on January 11, 2008 on a free transfer. He first caught the eye of John Coleman when he featured for Blackburn Rovers in a training match against Accrington in a training match in December 2007. King can play at left-back or centre-back. He made his league debut in the 2-0 loss to Stockport County.
Old 14-05-2008, 08:54   #14
Resting In Peace

From Stanley fishy site

Coley crowns his King

John Coleman has added to his squad by signing 19-year-old Blackburn Rovers defender Mark King on a free transfer.

The left full-back, who can also play in the centre of defence, is a product of Rovers' youth academy.

King signed a professional contract with Stanley's Premier League neighbours last season, but his progress has been hampered by two serious knee injuries.

He recently impressed the Stanley management team whilst playing in a training match for Rovers at their Brockhall training base against The Reds.

King has signed a deal until the end of the season and will be available to play at Stockport on Saturday.
Old 14-05-2008, 13:07   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I agree Oldgobbin. When I first saw King at Stockport he looked OK, but when I saw him play against Liverpool Reserves/Youth team he looked lost and had a bad game. If he was like this in training then no wonder Coley didn't play him.
I agree too, also loads think Leighton got a bad deal but he was also poor when I saw him in the reserves.

Graham Branch for the reserves was worse than bad!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..