Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2007, 19:03   #1
Junior Member+

True Gate Figure?

Tomorrow just for a change why dont Stanley announce the true gate figure (not one that according to ZERO has been adjusted for tax purposes). Considering the club is always going on about having poor support. I think that we are actually getting more support than people think. I have always believed that the figure that is announced over the tannoy is correct however after last Saturdays announcement of 3,004 i was staggered, does anybody seriously believe you could have got another 2,000+ into the ground considering that the capacity is 5,057.
Old 23-02-2007, 19:06   #2
God Member

Re: True Gate Figure?

I know some people think there is some kind of conspiracy going on with attendance figures, but the turnstiles count everyone that go through them and this is linked to some kind of computer, so surely it would be a bit difficult to make em up!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 19:17   #3
God Member

if you look into th ecorners of the Clayton end there is plenty of room, and the cow shed was nigh on empty last week. Also the seated stand was not full although almost. On the Clayton end , although there were people on nobody was shoulder to shoulder cramped like you would be when full. Big crowds like the Huddersfield match both ends were rammed shoulder to shoulder from corner to corner. Also for some reason, the allowed amount never seems to be as high as the capacity which bemuses me.

A capacity of 5057 as set by the LFA, LCC and fir safety officer seems to get knocked down to 4500 as with the Huddersfield match. Why?
Old 23-02-2007, 19:34   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by george ivan View Post
does anybody seriously believe you could have got another 2,000+ into the ground considering that the capacity is 5,057.
No problem at all George. For god's sake don't get Bagpuss going again!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 19:44   #5
God Member

not this owd chesnut again!!!!!! of course its a true figure, from experience i`d definately say 3000 ish last week. lets put this one to bed.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 19:53   #6

Just before we do, now i`m not saying they are fiddled, but cast your minds back to when we played Morecambe last season, the attendence was 3041 and it was packed to the rafters, now on saturday the attendence was 3004, now no one is telling me that there were only 37 less people there on Saturday than when we played Morecambe, i could be wrong but...
Old 23-02-2007, 19:56   #7
God Member

yeah but Morecamber only brought 700 ish last season due to the Sky liveness of it. There were huge caps at the edges of the terrace and hardly anybody in the away cow shed. Stockport had 1400 in that end alone so put those extra 700 in our end and ............
Old 23-02-2007, 20:02   #8
God Member

If you look at the match photos, you'll see the Clayton end far from full.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 20:02   #9

I thought the Morecambe end looked fuller than only 700 but i couldn`t see properly as i was squashed in the bottom corner of the Clayton end so i`ll take your word for it.
Old 23-02-2007, 20:44   #10

When the gate is announced at 2500 or there abouts it has never looked half empty, that is in fact what they are trying to say. so when darlington came we could of fit all the home end in there end, all the seated in the clayton side and all the bus stop whinney hill side into half the ground, come on . 5,000 must mean sardines in a tin.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 20:59   #11
God Member

next time you are stood on the Clayton end just check that you could in theory step forward off the step you are on. Also reach in to your pocket and comfortably pull out and light a cigarette or blow your nose on a hanky.

A sell out crowd all stood up would mean that there is somebody immediately to your left and right with your shoulders touching, also there would be somebody stood right in front and behind you that would prevent you from shuffling comfortably about to alleviate the cold. It is never that busy
Old 23-02-2007, 21:37   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
next time you are stood on the Clayton end just check that you could in theory step forward off the step you are on. Also reach in to your pocket and comfortably pull out and light a cigarette or blow your nose on a hanky.

A sell out crowd all stood up would mean that there is somebody immediately to your left and right with your shoulders touching, also there would be somebody stood right in front and behind you that would prevent you from shuffling comfortably about to alleviate the cold. It is never that busy
but it would be funny dancing to status quo itll be the shoulder shuffle .even if the figures are wrong which i doubt as long as the money is going back into the club who cares
Old 23-02-2007, 23:26   #13

Thumbs up Re: True Gate Figure?

The turnstiles are linked to a computer in the control room. As required for health & safety each section is monitered to prevent overcrowding-don't shoot the messenger, know capacity has been lacking, the final crowd is read from the computer & cannot be fiddled. This is fact & has been regularly witnessed in my role as asst chief steward this season.
Old 24-02-2007, 01:02   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by george ivan View Post
(not one that according to ZERO has been adjusted for tax purposes)
Hey don`t make me the instigator.
Just let it drop will you.
If the gates are AFTP its in the best interest of the club.
Go back to moaning about the roof.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 11:37   #15
Junior Member+

Unhappy Re: True Gate Figure?

ZERO - I wasnt making you the instigator just thought your quote helped my argument. To be fair I dont think Stanley are the only club where this happens I think its common practise with a lot of the lower league clubs. But as you say if its in the best interest of the club thats all that matters. Like with all these kind of debates it soon starts to get boring.

Last edited by george ivan; 24-02-2007 at 11:45. Reason: miss word
george ivan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..