Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2007, 17:36   #1
God Member

turning point

when does everybody think when the turning point was this season .i think it was when eric decided to let everybody in free at the torquay game the players were boosted seeing a full house it just shows those who dares wins

weve stayed up well done stanley us the supporters are eternally gratefull see you next season

i know the points decision contributed but we still needed to go on a winning run
Old 29-04-2007, 17:53   #2
Super Moderator

Re: turning point

Perhaps, but my own personal turning point was after the Bristol match in December when you started a thread entitled "We are going down". I knew that if someone with a banana for a brain thought that, then we had a good chance of staying up!
Old 29-04-2007, 18:10   #3
I am Banned

Wynonie say it as it is pmsl!!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 18:16   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Perhaps, but my own personal turning point was after the Bristol match in December when you started a thread entitled "We are going down". I knew that if someone with a banana for a brain thought that, then we had a good chance of staying up!
well im allowed to be wrong sometime thats what i thought but i was proved wrong thank stanley did you seriously think if we kept playing like we did then we would stay up but who cares thats history we have stayed up
Old 29-04-2007, 18:20   #5

Cav freekick against Torquay.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 18:23   #6
God Member

Godwin Antwi
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 18:38   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Godwin Antwi
Totally agree.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 19:00   #8

I have to agree with both, the Torquay game and Godwin were the turning points, we`ve conceded quite a few goals since his arrival but the defence has looked a lot more solid than it did and i think that in turn gave more confidence to the other players, but whatever it was i`m just glad that there was a turning point.
Old 29-04-2007, 19:13   #9

Godwin definately. Just a thought though and slightly off topic, David Martin's kick outs are terrible. Always off to the right hand side. He seems to wait until his body's just in front of the ball before letting go to kick it.
cjrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 22:42   #10
God Member

I think that part of the revival has been Cavs' return. Although I do think that there are better right backs out there, Cav does give us a great deal of options going forward, he talks to the defence a lot and keeps them organised, and the players clearly respect their captain and want to play for him. He suffered a bit at the start of the season with getting the pace of the league I think, and was turned inside out on a few occasions, but he got back to it before his injury and came back at just the right time to have a major say in this clubs progression. Thanks very much to Captain Marvel - The most decorated captain in the clubs (pre 68 included) history.

And Godwin Antwi.
Old 30-04-2007, 15:23   #11

Somewhere between the Rochdale and Torquay games, the magic came back. Even though it was peeing it down, I could have walked away happy even with a draw that day because it was clear to see the team were on form again. The Ultras were at their most impressive at Spotland which helped ease the humiliation of the poorest performance all season on pitch.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 21:56   #12

There were two important turning points. Firstly the sale of "those two", then the defeat of Hereford. To me, both of these had a significant influence on the season, if for different reasons.
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:20   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonhigh View Post
There were two important turning points. Firstly the sale of "those two", then the defeat of Hereford. To me, both of these had a significant influence on the season, if for different reasons.
I agree very much with Melonhigh. The sale of Roberts and Craney was a turning point (in the wrong direction, in my opinion ) - but the away win at Wrexham 3-1 when Stanley finally ended that winless spell must have had a good effect on the team, and even though they did not play consistently for a while afterwards, it did at least stop the rot.
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 18:17   #14

Getting beat by Rochdale away with possibly the worse display this season by Stanley. Not only that but doing so in front of an large enthusiastic away following who were all ready to celebrate. In my view possibly the lowest point of the season.

Results and performances seemed to improve after this trough particularly at home when the team appeared to start believing in themselves again.

If you spin the Windows Vista CD backwards you can hear satanic messages. Worse is if you spin it forward, it installs Vista on your computer.
No.9 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..