Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2017, 13:31   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Un-buzz them there Bees !...a Barnet thread !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post

Rodak seems to gone uncommented on but his presence has coincided with our good run.
Cant recall him dropping any clangers and always appears calm.
I made a positive reference too about Marek Rodak in my post match comments

"..........with some determined goal keeping from young Marek......etc"

He is doing well now and fully deserved his 'Clean sheet'.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2017, 13:57   #62

AND I said "Goalie a bit more solid than normal."

Lord Stiff - first 15 mins we were poor, but after that my memory tells me we were the better team, finishing the first half strongly. The ball was pinging around their area and we had a few headed chances. I do recall at half time we had had more possession and more attempts on goal. I thought Barnet were poor until we scored. So poor that I felt entirely relaxed that one goal would be enough.
Obviously I wasn't relaxed in the closing stages - ones underclothes looked like the insides of a peppered steak pie when I got home.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 14:01   #63

Good to see Beckles in the Clayton end yesterday.... not sure about him not wearing a pair of socks though. Is that how the kids dress these days?
Old 05-03-2017, 14:03   #64

nice piccie of Matty P
winstanley asfc likes this.
Old 05-03-2017, 14:31   #65

[QUOTE=Lord Didsbury;1189134]AND I said "Goalie a bit more solid than normal."

This implies goalie normally a bit flaky. I'm saying I think he's had a good run over last half a dozen or so games.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 15:58   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I also think hes had a good run, but yeh did say hes gone uncommented. which aint correct.
Old 05-03-2017, 16:13   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Lord Stiff - first 15 mins we were poor, but after that my memory tells me we were the better team, finishing the first half strongly. The ball was pinging around their area and we had a few headed chances. I do recall at half time we had had more possession and more attempts on goal. I thought Barnet were poor until we scored. So poor that I felt entirely relaxed that one goal would be enough.
Lord D old chap. Agree the stats confirm your overall feeling about our superiority, although I cannot agree the Bees were poor.
They looked fast, slick and had several attempts which required last ditch goal line clearances from our defence.
We were much more effective in the second half, especially after Clark came on.
My point is that, in the main, our victories or draws are thanks to our superb defence who perform heroics every week.
Yesterday's win was down to another backs-to-the-wall defensive display & one superbly hit free-kick.
Let's not allow yesterdays victory to disguise the shortcomings we still appear to suffer in midfield.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 23:08   #68

Lord Stiff - "The first half illustrated the deficiencies that have plagued us all season. Barnet controlled midfield & we rarely got out of our own half."

i suggest that in order to jog your memory you head swiftly over to twitter and see from the official tweets just how on top we were in that first half. Also have a read of the Barnet forum: OnlyBarnet.com - Barnet FC Fans Forum ? View topic - Accrington (Bog) The Pitch Imperfect Match Thread . Their fans clearly agree with me as to how rubbish they were and that we deserved the win.

We have, apart from one or two matches, been the better team all season. Yes, we still have our faults.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:52   #69

Lord D. I stand by my opinion highlighted in your previous thread, which referred to our performance in the first half, when they had us under some early pressure & we were kicking panicky aimless balls back to their midfield players.
I have read the reports on the Bee's fans forum and, to be honest, I think they are no different to what our own response would have been, had the scoreline been reversed. 'We were rubbish!'....'Sack the manager!' etc.
One of their fans did post this - 'While we were rubbish yesterday, they scored from a direct free-kick and they had 3 goal-line clearances at the other end which might have ended up in the back of the net on another day'.
Whilst their own fans are obviously disappointed with the result, I can't agree that they were a poor side. They sit mid-table eight points above us.
Fully agree we deserved the win & with your last sentiments.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:56   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I certainly didn't regard em as poor, thought defo a mid table side, we make sides look better by playing 1 up front at home,sadly the penny is unlikely ever to drop with the Super one.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:37   #71
God Member

Quote:

nice piccie of Matty P
Reminded me of a scene from Blackadder Goes Forth only he had pencils shoved up his nose, not cotton wool
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:24   #72
God Member

just call him the walrus.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 14:37   #73
God Member

Maybe Matty's rehearsing Michael Palin's role for a re-release of "A Fish Called Wanda"?
Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 16:26   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
i suggest that in order to jog your memory you head swiftly over to twitter and see from the official tweets just how on top we were in that first half.
Please remember that we are not all twits. And may I respectfully suggest that official tweets may possibly be a little less than objective.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 16:48   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Please remember that we are not all twits. And may I respectfully suggest that official tweets may possibly be a little less than objective.
Aye see D.Trump.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..