Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2004, 21:33   #1

Unlucky tonight

Thought we played well. The football in the first half is some of the best i've seen. Rory gave some much needed width, if only we could have some more on the other side. Did any of our chances cross the line? Jimmy Bell was fuming about one at the end. Thought evil had the best chance to clinch the game at 1-0 should of hit it first time but took a touch and hit a defender. If only we play like that at Leigh we will destroy them. Well done lads a draw was the least we could've asked for.
Old 07-12-2004, 21:45   #2
Resting in Peace

Smile Re: Unlucky tonight

Agreed - a bit unlucky. Just about our best line-up in my opinion and a shame Flynn had to go off. Was there anybody standing in the corners who can say whether any of the 2 late efforts were over the line? How we need a goalmouth "poacher" who can stay cool in the box and convert some of our great openings!

Shame on you stop-at-homes : the ground should have been bursting at the seams tonight, but well done to the Ultras who kept the lads going to the end. A good game all round and Stanley matched the visitors in every aspect of the game except for the usual failings in front of goal.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 21:58   #3

Re: Unlucky tonight

I was standing in the corner and the second one was definitely over the line.

Don't know about the first one. All I can say is that we've been robbed out of at least a point.
Accyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:47   #4
Resting In Peace

Second one looked over the line but it was scooped out by the hand of a Carlisle defender, so if it wasn't a goal it should have been a penalty and a sending off.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:10   #5

It was scooped out by the "Keeper" Jeff.
LeeVarender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 11:59   #6
God Member

The lads played really well tonight & deserved at least a point from the game - the linesman must have seen that the second shot was not saved off the line but from about 1 foot beyond it!! Saying that the same linesman had earlier given a throw in to Carlisle only to have it overturned by the ref - think he needs his eyes checking!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:06   #7
Resting in Peace

Smile Re: Unlucky tonight

Extremely good match report on the Carlisle official website via our home page. I have never seen an opposing side given so much credit.

Congratulations Coley for picking the right team at last. We just need a little bit of luck to be really flying again!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:27   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
It was scooped out by the "Keeper" Jeff.
The original attempt was scooped out by the keeper, then the ball was played towards the goal again and it was then scooped out by the defender. I was standing on the Clayton end just to the left of the goals, coudn't miss it.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:28   #9
Resting In Peace

Quote:
We just need a little bit of luck to be really flying again!
We just need a little bit of BETTER FINISHING, and a little bit of BETTER DEFENDING to be really flying again.
Old 08-12-2004, 13:26   #10

A full blooded performance last night!

My only concern/worry was Paul Mullins isolation at times, we seemed to adopt a 4-5-1 formation too easily and at the wrong time.

Just my thoughts!
Old 08-12-2004, 14:07   #11

i dont think we played to bad but why is there no pride and passion in our team

If we would have had them goal mouth scrambled a few seasons ago when we were part time somebody would have just chucked their body into it but instaed we have craney mully and evil all trying to neatly place it into the back off the net why didnt they just hoof it in

But another good performance form an opposition goalkeeper a few of his saves were fantastic!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 18:17   #12
Senior Member+

well as coley said in the non league paper on sunday we have to work on our
shooting and they must have been doing it as were getting closer to goal hahaha

yeah nice to see the team play good football and nice to see rory back and scoring
Old 08-12-2004, 18:43   #13
Senior Member+

I agree I think our first half performance yesterday was top drawer. Probably the best we have played all season both home and away. But in the second half we threw away too many chances yet again and it cost us yet again.

We could do with a game like Saturdays at Horwich and drub them scoring 3+ a real confidence booster thats what we really need at the moment.
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 18:45   #14
Senior Member+

And I'll say I thought Paul Howarth last night played very well covering for Cav.....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 19:56   #15
Senior Member+

I was standing in the corner near the Burger Bar, just coz some so called fans decided that they wanted to stand in the aisles just in front. Where were the stewards. from my viewpoint on the goal line, the ball did NOT cross the line on either occasion, but I cannot confirm whether the ball was kept out by a defender's hand.'fraid the liner got it spot on. Very good game, but seem to been outnumbered by Carlisle fans. This should not happen. Good to see over 3,000 but when 1700 approx came down from the frozen north, then by my calculations that means only just over 1300 Stanley fans. Where were the rest, especially as Rovers and Burnley did not have a game. NO EXCUSE. Nice to see Coley adopted 4-4-2 spot on, just a shame we could not convert the chances we had.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..