Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2012, 21:52   #1

Updated website

Good evening

The Stanley Elite website is coming along nicely. It has been a labour of love but at last we are starting to see great progress. Membership has topped 1,100 and we hope to have doubled this by the end of the season.
I have been pounding the Accrington Streets talking to shop and business owners trying to persuade the community to work together and, slowly but surely, it is paying dividends with nearly 20 places now signed up to give offers to members.

If anyone would like to contribute to the project in any way, you are more than welcome.
I will try and use this forum to give people a quick update.

Our January task was won by the Cristoforo family who won 6 tickets per game until the end of the season.

The February task is online now.
Pete Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2012, 22:30   #2

Re: Updated website

Home
Old 23-02-2012, 11:35   #3

Not being funny mate, but what the hell is it?
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 12:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
How Rude.

Plenty of info about, if you bother to look.
Old 23-02-2012, 16:05   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
John C !!...Merely click on 'Home' in the Pete Scholes post previous to yours..and lo and behold..everything will be revealed !!...Simple !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 18:10   #6

Thanks fellas. I have been doing my best to promote it locally but, working full time as well, it is very hard to get the word out there. The Evening Telegraph are showing an interest but, not knowing anyone in the local media, my emails and phone calls are not being returned at this point. That just makes me more determined to make this work.
If membership and community involvement continues to grow at this rate it will soon be hard for them to ignore.
It is on sale in the club shop priced at £14.99 for the whole of 2012. You can enter a team of up to ten family and friends and they all get a membership card which will entitle them to enter exclusive competitions, contribute to a community and receive discounts for shops and businesses around town. even if you don't enter the games you can make your money back within a couple of weeks with the savings you get in local shops.
I want thousands of local people as members and hundreds of local businesses (independent ones rather than chain stores) giving something back to them. All of us helping each other in these difficult times with the club at the heart of it all.

If it is a success here and I then get a second club, a third club etc then your membership card will be valid for all their shops too.
Long term, the club will be making lots of money from people who live in the area and don't even attend games! The bigger the 'Elite' project gets, the richer Stanley become!
I hope this helps to give a quick outline for you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..