Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2009, 11:31   #46
God Member

Smile Re: v Bury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Yeah, I thought the same. The players are waving their team-mates back up the pitch, but the 'fans' are on the pitch and stopping them from playing on. I wonder how many of them were regulars at Gigg Lane over the last few seasons?
Speaking to a "Fan" outside before I went in - think he was a proper fan, as he was talking about the fog at the F.E.S. When he went earlier in the season - he said they were averaging 3K ish this season, so 4K plus as you say just there for the "Glory" Pity those 4K might have cost them automatic promotion That will teach them to run over to us, flicking the V's and gloating... See you next season Shakers

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2009, 12:02   #47
Resting In Peace

Re: v Bury

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
For God's sake Jeff get a grip.
Why did Cavanagh take it? Maybe it was something to do with the rest of the players shirking away from the spot. Andy Procter seemed to shrink four feet and don a fake 'tache & specs as soon as the whistle was blown. The captain did his duty, sucked it up, and was unlucky to hit the shot - what - around four inches too high?
Surely Coleman has a designated penalty taker before the kick off and if he designated Cavanagh then I think it was a stupid thing to do. As soon as we were awarded the penalty Cavanagh took the ball and hid it behind his back, there was no way that anybody else was going to take it. Don't bother sticking up for Cavanagh HE MISSED IT for goodness sake.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:57   #48

It reminded me of the people who encroached at the FES after the Chesterfield match !
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 16:46   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Surely Coleman has a designated penalty taker before the kick off and if he designated Cavanagh then I think it was a stupid thing to do. As soon as we were awarded the penalty Cavanagh took the ball and hid it behind his back, there was no way that anybody else was going to take it. Don't bother sticking up for Cavanagh HE MISSED IT for goodness sake.
He did what you're supposed to do - whack it in the top corner. Perhaps you should watch the replay. It had the keeper well beaten and was a matter of inches away from going in. To chastise him for that is simply idiotic and evident of some misplaced vendetta.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 17:03   #50
God Member

Not very clever Mr Procter

shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 18:05   #51
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Can't understand why the ref didn't see the handball, he had a good view.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 18:12   #52
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Can't understand why the ref didn't see the handball, he had a good view.
he was looking at the stanley fans in fancy dress
Old 04-05-2009, 18:19   #53
Senior Member+

Wish he would of over ruled the liner than!
JEFF was it wrong for Coley to give Procter a 2nd chance at taking the Penalty after he missed at bournmouth?

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 18:42   #54
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
he was looking at the stanley fans in fancy dress
Ah yes, Liz

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 04-05-2009, 19:03   #55
Senior Member+

Proccy was deffinatly pushed however his arms shouldnt be up at all! Looks like its going over from that picture!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 19:30   #56
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
However , get some new food providers you rip offs. Getting pies from morrisons for under 80p and selling them for £2.50!
Sod that for a game of soldiers! Should've gone to the gaff I went to, just round the corner from the Pack Horse. Had a delicious plate of curried goat. Followed that up with three pints of Guinness in the pub...nice!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 20:18   #57

BAGPUSS
I have noticed over a long period of time that you seem to go out of your way to upset the Manc supporters. This is obviously a problem you have,but a councellor friend of mine would be willing to help you,and can be contacted on 014 141414.
Keep up the good work.!
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 20:22   #58
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
BAGPUSS
I have noticed over a long period of time that you seem to go out of your way to upset the Manc supporters. This is obviously a problem you have,but a councellor friend of mine would be willing to help you,and can be contacted on 014 141414.
Keep up the good work.!
Very good but I wish I had something more to get at them, my Barca scarf is at the ready, sorry we are in the Stanley section, won't happen again.

Old 04-05-2009, 20:36   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Sod that for a game of soldiers! Should've gone to the gaff I went to, just round the corner from the Pack Horse. Had a delicious plate of curried goat. Followed that up with three pints of Guinness in the pub...nice!
Sounds good Wynonie Except from the Guinness bit

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 21:13   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Sounds good Wynonie Except from the Guinness bit
Try it for a week, you'll develop a taste for it, and love it.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..