Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2015, 08:58   #16
God Member

Re: v Newport

To risky for me-will stay at home.
MikeA, Chimer, mab and 1 others like this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2015, 09:06   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
To risky for me-will stay at home.
You big wuss. No commitment and it's not as if you have far to go.It's only New Zealand for God's sake
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 16:21   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Game should never have been played in my view, we were lucky to come away with a point, Newport moved the ball far better in those conditions, wasn't a bad game considering.we created the best chances though.

Last edited by cashman; 14-11-2015 at 16:23.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 16:34   #19
God Member

Thought it was an excellent game of end to end football played on a tricky surface but pitch stood up very well referee had a good game because it can be difficult to judge the tackles on that surface, thought Newport were excellent their no:-33 played well and was probaly the best player on the park Sheridan is no mug at this level and has turned them round quickly, but we stuck to our task and the sign of a good side is sticking in their and grinding results out, either team could have won it but a draw was a fair result hope the extra fans today enjoyed and will come back special mention for Brad Halliday get,s better every game and is full of quality let,s hope he stay,s with us.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 17:03   #20
Senior Member+

When I heard who was replying the match, my heart san. And so it proved to be. My view is Chris Sarg is on should go back to school to learn how to referee. Far to many swallow dives by Newport players were punished yet when our players were pushes, wrestled and generally fouled, he waved play on. I agree with others, the pitch was a lottery and perhaps the game should have been called off. That said the game itself was entertaining. 4 decent goals and the post rescuing NCFC on more than one occasion. Nice to see 1450 home fans and long may that continue.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 17:35   #21
Full Member+

Decent game and decent attendance especially considering the weather conditions. We shaded the first half but didn't put away our chances but they were better for most of the second period and we looked out of shape at times. Crooks and Halliday were probably our best players and we tried to play football but the conditions made this difficult. Newport had better off the ball movement than us. Brought a Burnley fan on with me and he was surprised by how much we tried to build from the back rather than hoofing it all day. He said he would like to come back again next time the clarets have no game.
Old 14-11-2015, 17:41   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

it was a good game given the circs, the simple fact is, one of ours or newports lads coulda ended up wi a serious injury on that surface, its not hard to see, yet some dont seem able.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-11-2015, 18:49   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just seen the video, seems J.C. thought it shoulda been called off at half time, i agree 100%.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-11-2015, 19:11   #24
Senior Member+

To be honest I enjoyed the game which was classic attack verses counter attack,which made for an open entertaining game.
They set up with a 3-5-2 system(Sheridan likes it !) and we countered it by holding an high line and we really should have been out of sight in the first half.
You could have forgiven both teams for going long,but they were both brave in possession and tried to get it down and play.
The conditions may have suited them a fraction,but make no mistake they are a good team who have obviously bought into Sheridan's way of playing the game.
For me Crookes and Coneelly were excellent and generally we had control for sixty minutes.
Positives,we came back twice and years gone by we would have folded.
Will turn out to be a good point IMO as they will surprise a few teams
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 19:28   #25
Full Member+

Any news on dean f19?
Old 14-11-2015, 20:07   #26
Senior Member+

Probably need a scan dabeast,couldn't drive tho.
Bit disappointed he had to "hop off"on his own at full time,especially as he couldn't put any weight on it.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2015, 01:20   #27
God Member

Bless 'im, Dean managed to turn up at the do tonight - even though he was in pain, hope he makes a quick recovery as back 4 aren't the same without him
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2015, 10:44   #28
Senior Member+

Newport are fast becoming our bogey team
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2015, 11:08   #29

Should never have been on my opinion. We've had less waterlogged games off in the past. An entertaining bout which could have swung both ways. However, had there been a terrible injury the ref's put himself in the firing line.

Once both teams adapted to the conditions, Newport did a job on us and almost pulled off the perfect away smash and grab performance. We would have lost that game in seasons gone and deserved a share of the spoils for our resilience alone.

Have to feel for the lad on the terrace who would have won £225 if Mingoia had scored first only to see him crack the woodwork with an open net!!
Old 16-11-2015, 09:30   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Just seen the video, seems J.C. thought it shoulda been called off at half time, i agree 100%.
when a check on the pitch was made was the weather taken into account. if not it should have been. probably ok at kick off but the forecast was rain all afternoon so therefore no improvement. called off a sunday league game in Bradford the sunday before with similar conditions and no one moaned. did the refs mate Sheridan have something to do with the decision. we will never know but can guess. I would have settled for a point at 3pm. and we got it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..