Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2009, 20:33   #16
Senior Member+

Re: vs Blackburn

GL to to the HN Stanleys, shame we couldn't do what we did on Tuesday. But Hey Ho a decent pre-season leaves us with some hope for the coming campaign

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2009, 21:31   #17

Credit to Rovers sent a good side and I think Stanley should look into getting Marrow on loan.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:20   #18
Resting in Peace

This match wasn't on their original list of first team friendlies, was wondering what team they would put out seeing they have a game against Sheff Wednesday today
Old 01-08-2009, 10:47   #19
Full Member+

Poor game last night and poor attendance though it was the Blackburn second string on a Friday night. On the plus side, the new keeper did well even though he was let down by defence for the goals. Its the first time I've seen Winnard and he looks a useful player,1st half left back 2nd half central defence. Luke Joyce didn't make much of an impact and Symes had two decent chances and should have took the one in second half when he got himself into a good position only to 'pass' the ball to the keeper. Miles looked leaner and played well in first half and Grant showed some good early touches. Can only hope they play better next week though
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 13:08   #20

Paul Mullin's contribution was shocking he was barely running, though i suppose he's saving up that one last sprint for a no hope chance.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 17:35   #21
Senior Member+

By all accounts my other team were unlucky not to do better than a draw against their first team today with Esajas (twice) and Jeffers coming close to taking the win late on.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 18:49   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
By all accounts my other team were unlucky not to do better than a draw against their first team today with Esajas (twice) and Jeffers coming close to taking the win late on.
yer "all accounts" omitted to mention the "Blackburn" penalty miss at 2-0 plus all the other chances they should have took.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:16   #23
Full Member+

Coleman not happy with performance

Coleman’s warning to below-par Accrington Stanley after Blackburn Rovers defeat (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:07   #24
Senior Member+

Just a shame it wasnt even advertised on the rovers website, hardly any rovers fans knew about it
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:02   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Just a shame it wasnt even advertised on the rovers website, hardly any rovers fans knew about it
It was on Radio Lancashire and in the local papers, so the poor turn out from our neighbours can't be put down to it not being on their website.

Blackburn fans never turn out in numbers for the fixture in the same way that Burnley fans do. I think that it sums up the two sets of fans perfectly.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:09   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It was on Radio Lancashire and in the local papers, so the poor turn out from our neighbours can't be put down to it not being on their website.

Blackburn fans never turn out in numbers for the fixture in the same way that Burnley fans do. I think that it sums up the two sets of fans perfectly.
It was always going to be the reserve side, given the fact there was a match on the Saturday which was in the official itinerary, I didn't even know about the game until I saw it on here, or the LT forget which
Old 04-08-2009, 10:38   #27
Super Moderator

Let's face it, there were never going to be many Rovers fans coming along anyway, considering that it was their reserves and their first team was away at Sheffield the following day. If we sent our reserves to play at Clitheroe on a Friday night and our first team was away at Stockport on the Saturday, how many of us would bother going along to watch the reserves?

Personally, I'm hoping that Marcelle can charm a big club like City or United to send along their first team to play us this time next year!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:39   #28

I too was disappointed that Blackburn couldn't send a first team,as Burnley did.Another good gate would have been very welcome.I am fed up of all these comments between Rovers & Burnley supporters,about who has the better support,as far as I am concerned,I have to say Burnley,as every year they fully support there fixture with us,despite this year being a night game.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:02   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
I too was disappointed that Blackburn couldn't send a first team,as Burnley did.Another good gate would have been very welcome.I am fed up of all these comments between Rovers & Burnley supporters,about who has the better support,as far as I am concerned,I have to say Burnley,as every year they fully support there fixture with us,despite this year being a night game.
more garbage, did ya not bother to read wynonies post? these matches were arranged Before the new team took oer at stanley, it was not a good idea to arrange one wi rovers, the night before their first team were playing, lets see what happens next close season wi the new brooms.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:46   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
more garbage, did ya not bother to read wynonies post? these matches were arranged Before the new team took oer at stanley, it was not a good idea to arrange one wi rovers, the night before their first team were playing, lets see what happens next close season wi the new brooms.

I will await next pre season,when Rovers send a first team and the crowd is circa 3000.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..