Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2009, 18:15   #1
God Member

vs Burnley

Anyone know the lineup?.. Yes I know I'm a bit early, but can someone post it when they know please?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2009, 18:51   #2

Re: vs Burnley

its live on 2br can you pick that up there cav in team
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 18:56   #3
God Member

Bavs
Cav
Edwards
Kempson
Winnard
Miles
Ryan
Joyce
Grant
Mullin
Symes

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk

Last edited by ukcowboy; 28-07-2009 at 18:59. Reason: wrong name!
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 19:11   #4
Senior Member+

Get in there Milesy lad!!!

1-0 Stanley
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 19:51   #5
God Member

premiership your having a laugh
Old 28-07-2009, 19:59   #6

2-0 mcconville
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 20:15   #7

2-1
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 20:51   #8

Final score 2-2.

Good display from the lads, they didn't look near getting past us untiol we were basically playing our reserve team. Kempson was a rock at the back great to have him back. Grant looking good as does McConville.

Unfortunately the game was rather spoiled for myself and those around by a few of the Burnley fans. One left 15 mins early hurling abuse at the linesman, crowd, players and staff. Another 1 minute from time standing up threatening and shouting for a good 5 minutes at an old man for telling him he couldn't light up. The man did nothing in retalliation but this bloke get screaming at him, it took the stewards ages to turn up and when one finally did he just stood there while the bloke carried on with his torrent of abuse. Some more stewards and the police arrived and the bloke sat back down, nothing happened to the bloke for what he did despite his actions being textbook S39 CJA 1988 Assault.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 21:16   #9
God Member

Stanley played well, but then they will against a team that keeps the ball on the deck. I would guess the same will happen on Friday.

Unfortunately most teams in the league will adopt a more direct approach and Stanley have to deal with it.

I hope for you lot that the football wins over the hump ball. If it does I don't think you should have any problems next season.
Old 28-07-2009, 21:28   #10
Senior Member+

I thought we looked quite good tonight, if a little light-weight. I know you can't tell much from a friendly, but Coley seems to have done a decent job of putting a squad of players together for the coming season. I know I've said it before, but Luke Joyce looks like a proper footballer and could be another diamond unearthed by the manager.

Now if only we could sign a goalkeeper, we'd be set.

BTW, anyone know where Kee was tonight?

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 28-07-2009 at 21:36. Reason: spelling
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 21:29   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I thought we looked quite good tonight, if a little light-weight.

lol, took me 3 sentences to say that
Old 28-07-2009, 21:36   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
lol, took me 3 sentences to say that
I'll write you a few slogans for your products Dave. Save you a few quid on lettering.....lol
Old 28-07-2009, 21:39   #13
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I thought we looked quite good tonight, if a little light-weight. I know you can'#t tell much from a friendly, but Coley seems to have done a decent job of putting a squad of players together for the coming season. I know I've said it before, but Luke Joyce looks like a proper footballer and could be another diamond unearthed by the manager.

Now if only we could sign a goalkeeper, we'd be set.

BTW, anyone know where Kee was tonight?
Totaly agree with you TM.although i did think Bav's had agood game to night looked solid with some great saves,any outsider at tonights match would have been asking which side was from the Premier league,well done JC Kee may be saving him for fridays game
Old 28-07-2009, 21:59   #14
Senior Member+

I can let you all in on a little secret. The linesman on the main stand side was crap. Not sour grapes this, but Burnley's second goal was offside (by a good 2 yards). This was prior to the free kick. The guy was waving for offside when they were not and onside when they were clearly off. If he is premiership standard, then god help Burnley et al. He was yards behind the play of the ball and the last line of defence. I though Bav's had an outstanding game tonight, although he could be held at fault for the free kick, yes there was a deflection, but I thought he was too far over to the Whinney Hill side of the goal to stop anything going in at the near post. Overall, we wuz robbed. We defended exceptionally well against the likes of Jay Rodriguez and the rest of the Burnley attack. But my one wish now is for another goalkeeper to keep Bav's on his toes. And as others have said, why no Kee? I was looking forward to him playing tonight.

If we can play like this against Burnley, then we should have no worries against League 2 opposition. Bring on Big Sam's Rovers

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 28-07-2009 at 22:02.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 22:09   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I can let you all in on a little secret. The linesman on the main stand side was crap. Not sour grapes this, but Burnley's second goal was offside (by a good 2 yards). This was prior to the free kick. The guy was waving for offside when they were not and onside when they were clearly off. If he is premiership standard, then god help Burnley et al. He was yards behind the play of the ball and the last line of defence. I though Bav's had an outstanding game tonight, although he could be held at fault for the free kick, yes there was a deflection, but I thought he was too far over to the Whinney Hill side of the goal to stop anything going in at the near post. Overall, we wuz robbed. We defended exceptionally well against the likes of Jay Rodriguez and the rest of the Burnley attack. But my one wish now is for another goalkeeper to keep Bav's on his toes. And as others have said, why no Kee? I was looking forward to him playing tonight.

If we can play like this against Burnley, then we should have no worries against League 2 opposition. Bring on Big Sam's Rovers
According to this Kee doesn't join us till august 1st

Accrington Stanley FC - Billy will be a Kee signing
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..