Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2006, 19:14   #16
God Member

Re: vs Bury

Danny is ok - he came in the bar after, must say I was surprised to see him on his feet as when he went down right in front of us it looked nasty. He said he's just jarred his knee (phew! relief!)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2006, 20:32   #17
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Crowd just over 3000 according to one of Doug's dodgy birds at the game
Here we go again it's becoming a bit boring now but 3200 MY AR*E, don't even bother Mr Rob Heys because I don't believe you.
And macca and the rest before you start I don't give a sh*t this is not being negative it's about doing what you feel is right and truthful.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2006, 20:42   #18
Senior Member+

It's funny, but I didn't think there were so many on the ground. There was a lot of spaces behind the goal and the Whinney Hill terrace was no fuller than normal.
Old 26-12-2006, 20:43   #19
God Member

I've seen a hell of a lot more in the Clayton end

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2006, 22:42   #20
God Member

I thought David Brown was immense in the first half, he fetched and carried and tried to take players on. I wasn't a fan of his before and I aint now just because we got nobody else, but, he may have been out of place before as we had a surplus of flair players. Now we have nobody who can move with the ball I think he may fit in again. Shaun Whalley looked good occasionally when he ran with the ball. And as ever Todd ran his heart out, both wings, up front on the goal line. Why Nigel Clough ever let that lad go is beyond me.
Old 27-12-2006, 00:02   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I thought David Brown was immense in the first half, he fetched and carried and tried to take players on. I wasn't a fan of his before and I aint now just because we got nobody else, but, he may have been out of place before as we had a surplus of flair players.
Yes, pretty good analysis, too many fancy flicks when we had Craney, Roberts and Boco as well, but I was really pleased Coley had recalled him as I couldn't see anybody that could play alongside Mullin and link things up. McGivern was doing the business till his injury.

As for your remarks about Andy Todd, let's just keep it quiet, Nigel was probably right .

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 00:20   #22
Senior Member+

Well having been knawing my fingerends for 85 mins - what a relief a point makes. Funny though how people are now coming on the site to say what a difference David Brown makes. I and others have been saying this for too damn long, thank god someone had the sense to recall the lad, but for the life of me, I did not see any reason why he should have been subbed to revert to a 4-5-1 formation. It goosed the whole team play. Another point, when is Ian Dunbavin going to boss his area? and why did Robbie Elliott only get 2 games in goal when the management persisted with Bav's who had a crisis for a while. Surely Rob's not in crisis mode yet! As for the figures, I am sorry but they just do not add up. 1400 on the away end (known fact as that is how many tickets Bury sold), 1200 in the stand and not a spare seat to be found, so thats 2,600 - so there was only 600 or so in the Clayton end and the northern end of the Whinney Hill - I don't think so! Overall, the team had a reasonable game, even if the defence managed to cause a few heart attacks. Referee was up to the usual League 2 standard (CRAP!).And as others have said, how come our opposition never get players booked, when, quite clearly they commit far worse fouls than us. I saw at least 2 elbow in the face offences and neither was pulled up. Nuff said. Can't make the Mansfield game, but hoping to go to Wrexham so Happy new year to all the readers from whichever football club your allegience is with and wherever you are in the world

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 10:58   #23

Rob is still not 1oo% match fit nut as Dunbavin got MOM must have impressed,even Bury manager commented on him keeping us in game. Procy nursing a sore nose from a stray elbow too & a few mistakes from the ref & assistants but hey thats football for you. Good to see that despite the pressure we were put under especially in the final minutes that we didn't cave in & throw the game away as in the last few weeks. Boco could be back in two weeks so more good news.
Old 27-12-2006, 11:18   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Here we go again it's becoming a bit boring now but 3200 MY AR*E, don't even bother Mr Rob Heys because I don't believe you.
And macca and the rest before you start I don't give a sh*t this is not being negative it's about doing what you feel is right and truthful.
Hey u wanna be careful baggy ......Rob just might volunteer you to do the match day head counts - just to make sure the counts are right
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 11:21   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Did enjoy the game and we seemed to have a fairer ref for a while (although he seemed to miss a few bookings for Bury but was only to happy to get his yellow out for us) but it all seemed to fall apart when we went to a 4-5-1

Oh well roll on saturday!!

Oh and before anyone else says it, yes I did make a massive boo boo in the first half by shouting for a corner when we were shooting the other way!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes it was embarressing)
Hehehehehehe yeh u had a few senior moments & that fact blue no 17 & 28 were gonna get a battering too
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 11:26   #26
God Member

Interesting to see the comments about how bad the ref was. Who said this about him regarding the penalty ?

"It was probably the best thing the ref did all day because he was absolutley shocking"
Old 27-12-2006, 11:37   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Danny is ok - he came in the bar after, must say I was surprised to see him on his feet as when he went down right in front of us it looked nasty. He said he's just jarred his knee (phew! relief!)
LET report says he's out for several weeks, and Phil's suspended for Saturday.

I'll get my boots
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 11:51   #28
Senior Member+

I thought Ricky Baines looked ok when he came on. I don't know if he normally plays in that position, but we certainly never looked weak down the righthand side.
Old 27-12-2006, 12:11   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It's funny, but I didn't think there were so many on the ground. There was a lot of spaces behind the goal and the Whinney Hill terrace was no fuller than normal.
I agree - I was surprised that as many as 3200 was announced. Even the Coppice end was nowhere near full, even if the Bury allocation was taken up. The bee in Bagpuss's bonnet should be swatted out of existence.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 12:26   #30
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Interesting to see the comments about how bad the ref was. Who said this about him regarding the penalty ?

"It was probably the best thing the ref did all day because he was absolutley shocking"
And you got this information from a dodgy Bird did you.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..