Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2022, 14:05   #1
God Member

vs Derby

Right. My $5 with BET 365 says Hamilton will unleash a rocket today that will severely bruise the nylon. C'MON YOU REDS.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2022, 14:15   #2
God Member

Re: vs Derby

Wtf ??? ^(&^%&%#^%@$!***(*%^$^%@!!!
Old 15-10-2022, 14:39   #3
God Member

%*&*&%^&!!...I'm not enjoying this.
Old 15-10-2022, 16:44   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Derby are the best side i have seen up stanley this season if they dont go straight back up i will be amazed. but why SUPER JOHN did not substitute Super SEAN at half time is beyond me,the 5 off us could tell he was going to miss BOTH Penalties. he was shocking today,in fact can anyone tell me when he has been taken off? cos i sure cannot remember,
Watchdog likes this.
Old 15-10-2022, 16:59   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Derby are the best side i have seen up stanley this season if they dont go straight back up i will be amazed. but why SUPER JOHN did not substitute Super SEAN at half time is beyond me,the 5 off us could tell he was going to miss BOTH Penalties. he was shocking today,in fact can anyone tell me when he has been taken off? cos i sure cannot remember,
I agree Cashy from the off he was ducking out of tackles but we have two wide men at the wrong end of their careers and sadly it's showing and Liegh I feel for him out of position when we had two fit big strikers on the bench playing at home that to me is baffling.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 17:53   #6
God Member

Heard Coley on Radio Lancs railing against a fan who suggested it was “men against boys”, which for the most part that seemed pretty accurate to me.
I’ve just had fish and chips and I know what battered looks like, but I can’t imagine how anyone could think Stanley “battered” Derby in the first half. Flattered, maybe, but, c’mon, Coley, take a deep breath and admit Derby were (another) stronger, faster, and fitter side, of which there are a few in this league.

For once the stats say it all. Stanley had one shot on target, which would bad enough except that they had two penalties!

Can’t blame the ref and Savin was at no fault for three well created and taken goals.
One glimmer of brightness was Toure’s impact - he rattled their central defenders. Really sorry for Sangare - just hope his injury is less serious than it looked - another long term defender on the physio’s table is the last thing Stanley need.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 18:32   #7
Full Member+

I arrived at the ground at 12.45 and left at 17.10 but must have missed the whole game if Mr Coleman thinks we were the better team for large periods of the game.
The game i watched today suggested the away team were quicker to the ball, capable of passing accurately to each of their colleagues with excellent distribution and clinical in front of goal. Stop making poor excuses for a poor team performance Mr Coleman. Apart from a 10 or 15 minute period in the second half where we slightly raised our game, then other than that we were dire.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 18:38   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Cashy, as I said last week, our 'senior' players are now too long in the tooth, and no longer have the speed, control and dare I say it ability to perform at League 1 level !.
This was so apparent this afternoon when our Captain, with his abysmal efforts from the Penalty spot, his inaibility to tackle and play telling crosses failed to provide the leadership
which is so necessary to drive the efforts made by our extremely average squad.
AccyMad, will be furious with me I'm afraid, but I think I might be echoing the thoughts of many.
My saddest memory from this afternoon was, as the second penalty was wasted, seeing the heads of our back four drop in non-belief !..
cashman likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 19:11   #9
God Member

Can't believe (no, actually I can) how quick some are to jump.on Sean's back - ok, he didn't have his best game & can't believe he fluffed the penalties but did anyone else step up for the 2nd one? Think you'll find the answer is No!
First half we were outplayed, Derby were much quicker than us but in the 2nd half we were much better, keeping the ball for long periods & playing some decent football - unfortunately too little too late.
Think most were relieved to finally see not one but two strikers on the pitch but again, why weren't they introduced earlier?
Just hope Mo's injury isn't as bad as it looked - the lad has had enough bad luck!
chevyfire likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 21:27   #10
God Member

Well, for what it is worth, around the time Sean missed the penalties, we were on top.

We had hit the bar just before and had weathered the storm.

Matters not now, but if we had scored - rather than hitting the bar - or converted the penalty, it was a different game!

Regardless of what anybody says/thinks, Coley is correct in the fact that Derby were wasting time from 20 minutes in and defending their lead for the whole of the second half - how far we have come, but so many have forgotten...........

In Coley we trust

MikeA and chevyfire like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 21:28   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Can't believe (no, actually I can) how quick some are to jump.on Sean's back - ok, he didn't have his best game & can't believe he fluffed the penalties but did anyone else step up for the 2nd one? Think you'll find the answer is No!
First half we were outplayed, Derby were much quicker than us but in the 2nd half we were much better, keeping the ball for long periods & playing some decent football - unfortunately too little too late.
Think most were relieved to finally see not one but two strikers on the pitch but again, why weren't they introduced earlier?
Just hope Mo's injury isn't as bad as it looked - the lad has had enough bad luck!
Correct AccyMad

Old 15-10-2022, 23:55   #12

Could see the pain in his face walking off an he will be desperate to put that right. Regardless of anything an rather worrying is that Sean looks like the only player who’s got a goal or two in him at the minute. How Tommy Leigh won mom is beyond me. Clearly not a striker an done nothing of note all game.
AccyMad likes this.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2022, 09:04   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i notice no-one has answered the question, has he ever been subbed, that dont suprise me one bit. it was a genuine question cos i cannot recall it.
Old 16-10-2022, 09:52   #14

Can only imagine JC's reaction to yesterdays defeat had more to do with sheer frustration than logic.
You can view missing one penalty as unfortunate - to miss two is unforgivable.
According to JC, last week at Plymouth we were the better team. Sorry JC, no we weren't. The best team won 3-0 and remain league leaders.
At the end of the day the result trumps sentiment and history will record yesterday as a 3-0 victory for Derby County.
If points were awarded for 'ifs, buts & maybe's', Stanley would lead the table.
yonmon and Watchdog like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2022, 09:57   #15
God Member

Quote:
i notice no-one has answered the question, has he ever been subbed, that dont suprise me one bit. it was a genuine question cos i cannot recall it.
Cashy, Sean has been subbed off and on, on many occasions

Though, I do think he has played most games this season

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..