Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2007, 22:01   #76
God Member

Re: vs Macclesfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Roscoe D'sane for CHEEKIEST goal ever.

<script type="text/javascript">function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</script>
absolutely cheeky way he took it but very funny - well for us he made the moment last, i suppose he wanted to head it raher than kick it thro goal

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2007, 22:11   #77
Senior Member+

Just got myself and what an atmosphere. Ultras really made some noise tonight and it worked because the rest of the Clayton enders seemed to join in. MIssed most of the first half due to assisting with turnstiles/stewarding duties, but second half, what a cracker. Yes, when Whalley was booked their player should have been red carded for raising his hands (both of them) and when Cav cleared the ball of the line, another Macc player came in and literally kicked Cav into the goal, should have been another card but no action taken. Even the liner didn't wave his flag (blind as a bat, missed more offsides than soft mick!). Enjoyable night, even if the team seemed to want to let the supporters live in fear of another equalising goal. Roscoe was a revelation and fully deserved his 2 goals. If Ian Craney is back next week, then I can see us getting into a play off position before Christmas.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 22:24   #78
God Member

I have too agree about the atmosphere tonight, we went a bit more central in the Clayton End and it was bouncing!

Roscoes 2nd goal was Ala Ronaldinio cheeky but fantastic!

Penalty looked very harsh and seem to stun us for a while especially when their second went in, but well played everybody no heads went down just carried on and got about them and looked a mighty impressive team going forward!

Up to 8th fantastic!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 22:35   #79
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Full Time 3-2

Somebody will be in a good mood when she gets home
Give up, admit it you got excited and enjoyed every minute of Stanley booting them home. Let’s face it Dave that bit of Claret is turning Red…….

well done mate, hail the coverted...........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 22:38   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Give up, admit it you got excited and enjoyed every minute of Stanley booting them home. Let’s face it Dave that bit of Claret is turning Red…….

well done mate, hail the coverted...........
No chance. First and foremost claret blood. Secondly a lover of football of which Stanley have to be top of my list or I get some grief
Old 19-10-2007, 22:43   #81
Senior Member+

still not convinced with the 3-5-2 at home.
leaves to many questions and to many holes down the flanks.

i couldnt see the pen decision clearly from the FES.

Stanley where a differnet team in each half tonight.
1st half roberts looked poor and wasnt sure who to mark and proctor was out of sorts in the middle. Dont get me wrong, we played some great stuff after Macc had settled down, but we lacked a quality final ball. Mullin and dsane where not being found.
We where lucky not to go in behind, our high line defending left macc with plenty of space for their pacey players to get in behind.

Second half, alot better. More positive play. The final ball was better, the play was more penetrative and the players where hungry to score.
Macc couldnt handle us when it went 2-0.
And them we sat back for some reason? Stanleys best form of defence is attack.
The idea for the 3rd goal caught Macc by suprise. Well done roscoe.

I though John Miles worked alot harder tonight than he ever has in a Stanley shirt. His performance was a 6/10 and he influenced little, but he put in more work which is what we want to see.

Part of me feels sorry for Leyton who IMO deserved his start for his great goal on Sunday.

Nice to see Boco come on.

BTW, i had 4 witton albion fans with me along with another 2 liverpool fans who have been before; the witton lads where amazed by the atmosphere. They where seriously considering taking up Stanley as a second team on the way home.

bring on high flying Barnet.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 22:43   #82
God Member

Also a special mention to the crowd for what must be world record on the cheering of the Macclesfield Goalkeeper waiting to take the goal kick while they made two substitutions Pure Class

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 22:47   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Also a special mention to the crowd for what must be world record on the cheering of the Macclesfield Goalkeeper waiting to take the goal kick while they made two substitutions Pure Class
me and my mate moved down for the second half right behind the goal to keep him verbally entertained.
Last year it made him really nervous, a part of me thinks I helped stanley win tonight.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 01:17   #84
Senior Member+

I love the Beeb's description of Roscoe's second:
Headed goal by Roscoe D'Sane (Accrington Stanley) (low centre of goal)
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 02:21   #85
Full Member+

Reasonable display, right result.

3 more points towards the 52,my target. (I've never seen a goal like Roscoe's second since I was at school!!)

If Coley reads this..... Surely the answer to the forward(s) equation has been provided.Mullers and Roscoe.

Slight worry, apparently Mr. Cotterill was present tonight for apparently the 3rd time, and the rumour ( and I only hope it IS a rumour) is that he's watching Proctor.

Echoes of last season ???

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 07:31   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post

Slight worry, apparently Mr. Cotterill was present tonight for apparently the 3rd time, and the rumour ( and I only hope it IS a rumour) is that he's watching Proctor.
He should be barred - or blindfolded!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 08:03   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post

Doubt it. He was probably just filling in a blank Friday night on his doorstep at what are seen as friendly neighbours
Old 20-10-2007, 09:07   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Doubt it. He was probably just filling in a blank Friday night on his doorstep at what are seen as friendly neighbours
Who are you trying to kid?
Old 20-10-2007, 09:20   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Who are you trying to kid?
Which bit, the friendly neighbours or the fact he didn't want to sit at home bored to tears ?
Old 20-10-2007, 10:22   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Which bit, the friendly neighbours or the fact he didn't want to sit at home bored to tears ?
If he didn't have sinister intentions, he would have gone out and got plastered like most good Burnley Mashers seem to do on a Friday night!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..