Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2007, 00:02   #61

Re: vs Mansfield.

right now we need to keep it up, some big games on saturday and 3 points for the mighty reds could see a further move up the table.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-01-2007, 01:01   #62
Senior Member+

Great stuff, I was having a tough time telling the lads over here that Stanley are there to stay, another win on Saturday and we,ll all feel better. Well done lads.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 01:29   #63

Well it did rain quite a lot but still 1200+ got down to see a great game. Stanley we`re so dominant early on but same old same old great going forward and utter crap in defense. Stanley should have been 2 or 3 up by half time but instead went in trailing to the only 2 attacks Mansfield had. Oh Robbie Robbie Robbie 2 horrendous kicks (one a carbon copy of Dons) which he then made up for by great saves and really safe catching. But needless to say it was the usual fight to the death attitude that saw the reds claw back all the points. Lovely text book free kick from Welchy don`t think it`ll be goal of 07 but was deffo goal of the night. Sean Whalley MOM for the late winner couldn`t see to clear from that distance but it went in and we won thats all that mattered, I was too busy collecting all the things that flew out of my pockets while jumping up and down. Great atmosphere, way beyond the expectations of a wet tuesday night. Now anything seems possible.

Downside, Wave a big goodbye to Joe Jacobson, I talked to him afterwards and he`s cardiff bound tomorrow, Absolute tragedy in my eyes, but I also talked to some bigwigs who said Mannix was still a serious possibilty and sorry about Joe but injuries at Cardiff made it impossible for us to keep him.

All in all a top night of excitement and Rs twitching in equal proportions, lot of positives even though Rommy didn`t get much of a look in Mullers looks faster every game and he certainly outran 3 mansfield for the early opener, maybe they`re just slugs they were honestly very poor and thats why its frightening we conceded 2 to such a pile of. Don`t worry they`re sure to go down before we do.

Spent the remainder of the evening getting seriously drunk with Spud.

Staying Up ! We`re staying up ! The Stanley`s STAYING UP !

Don`t EVER doubt it !

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 05:40   #64
God Member

Cowboy kept texting me when a goal was scored.I shrieked with delight.and swore like a trooper.But when I got the full time text,our staff thought I'ld gone nuts big time!! Thanks Stanley.I love you.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 06:49   #65
God Member

Well done lads, brilliant night - I felt like we'd won the bloody cup at the end
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 10:37   #66
Senior Member+

Well i was there on a very wet night............ worth every bit of the rain!!

Have to say awesome entertainment and Welch's goal made the night for me.

Whalley looks another Roberts in the making, where does Coleman find them ill never know!

Have to agree with an earlier point about Mullin, is it just me or is he looking leaner and faster every game???

Great result and confidence boost for the lads, however the defence MUST be sorted.

We looked all over the place for the majority of the game, and Rob Elliott just aint the player he was last season.

Any1 else not think he should have been subbed as its quite obvious to me that he didnt recover after the knock he recieved on the 2nd half??

Wish i could be at Wycombe but work have put a stopper on that 1, oh well roll on the next 1. a point would do me just fine on Sat
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 11:12   #67
Super Moderator

Just got back from the match (it's been a long night).

Incredible fighting spirit and attitude shown by the lads in the second half. And what a great atmosphere on the Clayton End, especially towards the end, despite the lack of numbers and rain.

Well done, you red men, well done, you Stanley diehards!

On Stanley On!
Old 17-01-2007, 16:16   #68
God Member

Absolutely gutted I couldn't go last night, had an exam this morning so had to be up early
Next time it's definitely forget about the need to sleep & get up there!
Well done lads let's keep it up
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..