Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 16:44   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: vs Notts County

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Whalley shouldn't be allowed to wear a stanley shirt again, would have been better with 10 men.

Branch was terrible- Richardson wasn't even on the bench, can't get my head around Coley sometimes.

Cav unusually poor, getting caught on the ball way too often losing possession several times.

Roberts gifted their first goal.

You know its a bad day when Rocky is the best defender wearing a red shirt.

Harris played average, lot of work put in, not *much* to show for it but compared to the rest he had a good game.

Proctor and Craney struggled to make an impact, D'sane and Mullin effectively counteracted by the County defence all the way through the game.

ALL this being said, a draw would have been the correct result, they handled the ball in the area twice, referee waved it away both times, idiot.
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</SCRIPT>
Good summary SAM F, totally agree with all your points. Branch and Whalley must be dropped for the Morecambe game. I'm afraid we have to follow Stanley away to get our thrills these days. How we are ever going to build up home support at this rate I don't know. Hundreds just turned round and walked out when the second goal went in, and they are our core support!!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2007, 16:47   #47

Quote:
can't get my head around Coley sometimes.

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</SCRIPT>
You are not alone on that. It annoys me the way changes are only made in the last 10 minutes or so when in all fairness it is too late.
A draw would have been the correct result.
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 16:49   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF
You know its a bad day when Rocky is the best defender wearing a red shirt.
This is one point of the summary I take issue with. Williams was most certainly not the best defender (nor was he the worst), Mark Roberts was and has been our best defender all season.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 16:59   #49
Senior Member+

Thumbs down Re: vs Notts County

We where shocking its as simple as that.

Whalley very poor.

How the hell robbie can keep webb out of the team is beyond me.

poor all around very disappointed.

we will get buried at Morcambe and off hudds next weekend if that carries on
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 17:38   #50
God Member

I'm still waiting for our players to kick off...
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 17:40   #51
God Member

I will never call for Coleys head as nobody else could the fantastic job that he does with what he has at his disposal (money, players etc).

But his substitutions or lack of them are dire.

1-0 down at home against a team no better than us and no more fired up. 5 minutes left he makes the first sub, they then go two nil. We should have had all three on in the 75th min at the latest.

I aint been Evils biggest fan lately but thhe game today cried out for an up and at em type. He would have made a difference
Old 03-11-2007, 17:40   #52
God Member

<script type="text/javascript">function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</script>
Quote:
Branch was terrible- Richardson wasn't even on the bench, can't get my head around Coley sometimes.
Richardson is injured.

It was actually impossible for us to get a result today.
You cannot play 4-4-2 with 3 central midfield players on the pitch!!
Very disappointed with Mr Coleman & Mr Bell I am.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 17:55   #53
Senior Member+

Poor team selection.
An inability to overcome Notts County's high tempo game in the first half.
Branch was poor all game.
Whalley has alot going for him except an ability to cross - surely in training he works on it? It has not improved and looked as bad as ever today.
I thought Proctor was shocking today, 1st half the team carried him, second half his positional play was abysmal.
Notts County would have had alot more of a game with McEvilly today - the forward line was crying out for a 'bruiser' up front, as the ref didnt want to give many fouls for physical play.

The subs where poor, I really dont understand why coleman would bring Miles on over Brown or Evil
Miles IS NOT alot of things, on that long list is work horse and impact player.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 17:56   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
But his substitutions or lack of them are dire.
1-0 down at home against a team no better than us and no more fired up. 5 minutes left he makes the first sub, they then go two nil. We should have had all three on in the 75th min at the latest.
It was excruciating waiting for the subs to be made today. Blindingly obvious that we needed a lift earlier on, but what we got was too little , too late. What is the point of having subs straining on the leash when we're not getting anywhere 0-1 down? Surely that's what a squad if for, or have I missed something?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 18:03   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Hundreds just turned round and walked out when the second goal went in
Thats something that really pees me off, that must make the team feel awful (even though they were today ) they want their heads tattooing then people know who they are, and at the next game let them in 10 mins late if they don't like watching the full 90 mins

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 18:07   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Thats something that really pees me off, that must make the team feel awful (even though they were today ) they want their heads tattooing then people know who they are, and at the next game let them in 10 mins late if they don't like watching the full 90 mins
your wrong.
that performance was poor and the subsititutions and lack of activity on the bench made it clear 2-0 was how it would stay - to leave with 3 mins to go is the correct way.

The most dissapointing thing about today, and its the same with the Wrexham and Bury game - the opposition where rubbish.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 18:18   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
to leave with 3 mins to go is the correct way.
If you say so, I agree with K.S.H. though, so we're both wrong.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 18:23   #58
God Member

Suppose oit may be a personal thing, 2 - 0 down or 10 - 0 down I won't go till the final whistle blows, and about showing the team what I think if thats why some go early I have the choice to applaud them or just walk out.

Anyway, fishy site league table updated, just dropped down a place but Morecambe could go above us on Tuesday if we play like we did today

www.ubuntu.com

Old 03-11-2007, 18:30   #59
God Member

[QUOTEK.S.H]I won't go till the final whistle blows[/QUOTE]

That's probably just because you're a tight git like me. I've paid mi money so I'm going to suffer.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 18:47   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

That's probably just because you're a tight git like me. I've paid mi money so I'm going to suffer.
Well that and I've seen too many goals scored in the last few mins, especially at Stanley

www.ubuntu.com

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..