Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2009, 05:06   #91
God Member

Smile Re: vs Wallsall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
good display from the midfield.

Who is the 3rd choice keeper back up if leeds call martin back/he or dunbavin get injured?

Where is the loan defender from leeds?
Think it was a lad called Lees, but has not come...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2009, 09:14   #92
Senior Member+

Re: vs Wallsall

Definitely worth the trip north. Just a few of my thoughts, for what they are worth. Starting at the back, I'm surprised that no-one has so far mentioned Alan Martin's distribution which I thought was excellent. He has a powerful and accurate kick, and can also see opportunities to throw the ball out to an unmarked colleague. What was so different was that other players were looking for this, especially Dean Winnard. So we were able to build attacks. I thought Dean had a great game - strong tackler, good distribution, and always willing to overlap. Chris King tackled well, but it was not one of his better games in terms of distribution. Darren Kempson and Phil Edwards were strong at the heart of the defence. It says much for the quality of the defensive work that although Walsall always looked threatening, Alan Martin did not have a real shot to save.

Midfield worked hard, with Proccy covering every blade of grass on the field, Luke Joyce always available to help break up Walsall attacks or build our own attacks, and both John Miles and Jimmy Ryan a constant threat with their strong running. Billy Kee will develop into an excellent striker. He worked very hard indeed and was a real threat in the penalty area. He seemed to take a knock in the first half and was limping after that. As for Paul Mullin, it was certainly one of the best games I've seen him play over the last year or so.

The fact that one of the two substitutes scored and the other hit the post with a cracking shot shows that we have some depth in the squad too.

Yes, I'm optimistic!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 12:28   #93
Senior Member+

Walsall report:

Accrington Stanley 2 Walsall 1 - analysis - Walsall FC, Saddlers : Express & Star

Not happy.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 16:41   #94
God Member

Just seen the highlights show on B.B.C. Nice to hear Neil Warnock talking about the result and how much it means to the fans

Old 13-08-2009, 16:58   #95
Senior Member+

Highlights on the Beeb: BBC SPORT | Football | League Cup | Accrington 2-1 Walsall
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 18:08   #96
God Member

Nice link that Mike, cheers One thing that I picked up on and did not notice on the night, was the way that Proccy (And the team) were cool and calm around the referee and did not start to wave around imaginary cards Showed some respect to the officials - well done lads...

Old 13-08-2009, 18:16   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Nice link that Mike, cheers One thing that I picked up on and did not notice on the night, was the way that Proccy (And the team) were cool and calm around the referee and did not start to wave around imaginary cards Showed some respect to the officials - well done lads...
was summat i noticed in the friendly i saw as well, no yellow cards against walsall that i remember, nice to see the disciplinary record improve.
Old 13-08-2009, 19:59   #98
Senior Member+

Thought it was Matty McNeill at the end.

Did Mullers have a problem with his ear?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 20:07   #99
God Member

Talking Re: vs Wallsall

Haggis316; Thought it was Matty McNeill at the end.

Did Mullers have a problem with his ear?

Nice one Haggis Hears hoping he has a few more problems this season..

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 13-08-2009 at 20:10.
Old 14-08-2009, 13:10   #100
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Accrington Stanley disappointed with QPR draw Lancashire Telegraph - Accrington Stanley Springboard For Nicholls Walsall FC - The Official Site Weston sees red as Saddlers depart cup Vital Football - Walsall
Walsall demand discipline to beat the Blues Shrimpers24 Carling Cup: Mullin does it again! Vital Football - Accrington Stanley
Old 14-08-2009, 13:18   #101
Super Moderator

I wish Coley would make his mind up!..is he happy with the draw or not?

Football | News | Carling Cup | General news | Coleman excited by Hoops draw - ITV Sport
Old 14-08-2009, 13:24   #102
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Thought that my self WH.Lets just hope we beat the R'ss and get a bigger club in round 3

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..