Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2023, 14:02   #1

vs Walsall

Here's to an early Chrissy pressy for us.
Kiwi Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2023, 14:10   #2

Re: vs Walsall

Merry bloody christmas Tommy Leigh !!!!
choirboy likes this.
Old 23-12-2023, 15:02   #3

&^^%&&*&^%
Old 23-12-2023, 15:05   #4

Played really well, then gave away a clumsy penalty in injury time.
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2023, 15:08   #5

Sods law...
Old 23-12-2023, 15:22   #6

Yesssss 2-1
choirboy likes this.
Old 23-12-2023, 16:08   #7

Thank you STANLEY.
Old 23-12-2023, 16:08   #8
Senior Member+

Last game to finish, no fingernails left, happy Christmas!!
Old 23-12-2023, 17:10   #9
Full Member+

Thought the whole team played really well today. Another good performance from O'Brien who can only get even better with game time.
Well done Accy, great performance.
Watchdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2023, 17:24   #10
God Member

Excellent team performance from Stanley. We’ve all seen them struggle to impose themselves against big physical teams like Walsall but they were outstanding today to come back from the ‘curse’ of the referee just before half time.
Really good performances from the back four and the two midfield maestros but Pritchard was such an influence he deserved his goal.
Well done lads, enjoy your (single) mince pie!
choirboy and Watchdog like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2023, 17:54   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi johnny View Post
here's to an early chrissy pressy for us.
Merry Christmas K.J.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2023, 17:56   #12
Senior Member+

An excellent win and three points in a well deserved victory for the Stanley. An inspired selection of Pritchard as Captain today! Joe Led by example and inspired his team mates to produce some of our best football of the season throughout the first half. We could have been three up when we gave away what looked like a bit of a soft penalty to end the first half on level terms. That score line certainly did not reflect the dominance by Stanley in the really bad conditions up to half time. Stanley took the lead again after several minutes of the second half and although not quite as dominant as in the first half the boys in red fully deserved the lead. Walsall made some fairly early substitutions as the rain eased off and for about fifteen minutes they matched the Stanley. Stanley came on strong again towards the end of the match and managed the added time really well for the win. The young players really stepped up to cover the missing injured players and are deserving of much praise. I believe that the two burly Walsall central defenders looked at the rosy cheeked youngster Josh Woods and thought they were in for an easy afternoon. Josh ran them ragged and won so any headers and gave them a really hard time! Our central midfield pair of Martin and Ben Woods controlled midfield like really experienced players. This allowed Pritchard and Leigh to do so much of the creative attacking which was a delight to watch. Keeper Joe Walsh had another solid game as did the back four which looked very solid. A sensible fairly early substitution of Pritchard based on protecting him was a good move IMHO. I really enjoyed the match today and Stanley are looking good!!!! ON STANLEY ON!
Exile on Spencer St and pifco like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2023, 18:08   #13
God Member

I don’t know whether this is even possible under the Byzantine EFL rules, but I for one would be delighted if Joe Walsh’s weekly loan could be converted into the rest of the season in January.
Old 23-12-2023, 19:34   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I don’t know whether this is even possible under the Byzantine EFL rules, but I for one would be delighted if Joe Walsh’s weekly loan could be converted into the rest of the season in January.
Exile, I think we'd either have to sell a player or get rid of a few players and free up the wages budget for that to happen. I can't see Andy being willing to pump more money into a club he is trying to sell.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2023, 20:07   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Exile, I think we'd either have to sell a player or get rid of a few players and free up the wages budget for that to happen. I can't see Andy being willing to pump more money into a club he is trying to sell.
Don’t know if I’m misreading your comment, but I was thinking of a half-season loan, not ‘buying’ Mr. Walsh.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..