Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2010, 09:53   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Vuvu horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well if thats all ya think they are, ya have either a crap taste in music or yer tone deaf.
Probably both
Old 19-08-2010, 21:07   #62
God Member

Question Re: Vuvu horn

Vuvuzela enters Oxford English Dictionary - mirror.co.uk

Now they are recognised in the Dictionary, what will Stanley Hope and Cow-Shed Sid have to say on this matter, especially with the Newcastle game coming up............

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2010, 21:34   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
especially with the Newcastle game coming up............
It's about the best chance of getting a toon on one of those things
Old 19-08-2010, 21:56   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Vuvuzela enters Oxford English Dictionary - mirror.co.uk

Now they are recognised in the Dictionary, what will Stanley Hope and Cow-Shed Sid have to say on this matter, especially with the Newcastle game coming up............
Right Joe !!...Well... firstly Stanley had hoped that the OED would at least have the correct spelling of Vulvazulu in their hallowed pages, but sadly their highly-paid Researchers have on this occasion sold them short !.

As for Cow-Shed Sid, he had me join 'Toontastic' ( Newcastle United's Fans Forum...on which incidentally, after a dozen or so of my more unusual posts I appear to be unwanted !!)...His reason was to find out if the 'Toon' Fans would be bringing their Vulvazulus along with them, and blowing them instead of intoning that old Tyneside Dirge 'Blaydon Races'!..This must have got their collective Geordie blood-pressures up,and their Reply Posts were most uncomplimentary...and thus were, along with mine removed by an over-zealous Moderator !....so no luck there !!.

Alfred.E...who as you know made himself a Silent Vulvazulu out of Papier-mache will bring it to the Newcastle Game but says that he will not blow on it as he is not quite sure what
D o'N's stance is on this behaviour and doesn't want ejecting from the ground for embarassing our Chairman(?) in front of the visiting Dignitaries or any nervous old Ladies who might be present !.

Knowing which side my Bread is buttered on,am as usual totally ambivalent about the whole matter...

Well you did ask !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 03:38   #65
God Member

Exclamation Re: Vuvu horn

Yes, I did!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 10:26   #66
God Member

Vulvazulu's? sounds like it should be on the fishy site to me?
Old 20-08-2010, 10:58   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Vulvazulu's? sounds like it should be on the fishy site to me?
Sounds the right plaice to me Rob !!....

Next pun please ?.... ( Only codding !).

Old 20-08-2010, 21:44   #68
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

My youngest is bringing his vuvu horn to the match tomorrow!! and seen as your only a few seats away from us,you can have ago if you like see if we can't get the main stand rocking abit
Old 20-08-2010, 21:52   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Sounds the right plaice to me Rob !!....

Next pun please ?.... ( Only codding !).
appparently big at stanley exes Fleetwood
Old 20-08-2010, 22:13   #70
God Member

Probably old hat by now, but still amusing me thinks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vuvu.jpg (7.5 KB, 3 views)

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 19:18   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
My youngest is bringing his vuvu horn to the match tomorrow!! and seen as your only a few seats away from us,you can have ago if you like see if we can't get the main stand rocking abit
Had a blow on Mab's Vulvazulu this afternoon !...although he would insist on calling it his Vuvuzela for some reason or other !!.

Sad to say that after all my goings on about this Native Musical Instrument..I failed to get any sound whatsoever out of it !!...More Forum-Cred gone !!.
(and pass the Inhaler Sid !!).
Old 02-09-2010, 21:33   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Quote from UEFA's Website !!...

The magic of football consists of the two-way exchange of emotions between the pitch and the stands, where the public can transmit a full range of feelings to the players. However, UEFA is of the view that the vulvazulus would completely change the atmosphere, drowning supporter emotions and detracting from the experience of the game.

Oooooops Mab !!....

Sepp Blatter either reads your posts on our Forum.....or worse still, has received complaints from the FA about you and your Son playing 'Blaydon Races' on your Vulvazulu during the Newcastle game !!.

Either way it seems that UEFA have banned the sounding of Vulvazulus (Which, you will note they have spelt correctly !)....Forthwith !!.

Does this then mean that your Vulvazulu is now redundant, or will you fly in the face of this ban on Saturday Afternoon ??..

Knowing you for the little rascal you are, I expect and hope that the latter will be the case !.

I await the outcome !!

Old 02-09-2010, 21:39   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Quote from UEFA's Website !!...

The magic of football consists of the two-way exchange of emotions between the pitch and the stands, where the public can transmit a full range of feelings to the players. However, UEFA is of the view that the vulvazulus would completely change the atmosphere, drowning supporter emotions and detracting from the experience of the game.

Oooooops Mab !!....

Sepp Blatter either reads your posts on our Forum.....or worse still, has received complaints from the FA about you and your Son playing 'Blaydon Races' on your Vulvazulu during the Newcastle game !!.

Either way it seems that UEFA have banned the sounding of Vulvazulus (Which, you will note they have spelt correctly !)....Forthwith !!.

Does this then mean that your Vulvazulu is now redundant, or will you fly in the face of this ban on Saturday Afternoon ??..

Knowing you for the little rascal you are, I expect and hope that the latter will be the case !.

I await the outcome !!

i do like the term 'rascal' especially a small one, should be used loads more
Old 02-09-2010, 22:32   #74
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

To Sepp Blatter
Old 02-09-2010, 22:54   #75
Senior Member+

And one from me Mab !!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..