Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2005, 13:06   #1
Senior Member+

Smile Way to Go Stanley

After watching the match on Sky, I have got to say, well done to all the players. The officials once again were too fussy, and I could not see Paul Mullin being offside for Stanley's 3rd which would have made it easier for those with dicky tickers. Still 3 points is all that matters and level on points with Halifax and Scarborough. To all the Ultra fans, the flags looked really good especially as Sky could not help but show in both halves and they highlighted the large red one stating "the club that wouldn't die". Lets continue on this season in this vein and get the play off place we deserve on our play.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 03-01-2005 at 13:11.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2005, 13:20   #2
I am Banned

Re: Way to Go Stanley

yep well played today stanley, got the much needed 3 points.
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 14:37   #3

well played great match to watch players did us proud and so did the ultras with song /drum/coulor and flags well done again to all involved
Old 03-01-2005, 15:02   #4
Senior Member+

We were crap in the first half hour but after that we were superb,

Brilliant three points and a good all round performance
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 15:45   #5

I have to agree with Smiffy. Fantastic!
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 15:55   #6
I am Banned

I couldn't be prouder ! A thoroughly committed performance by Stanley which stunned the Halifax players and supporters. I had to sit during the match , so I was in the main stand and I was with some good friends who are stalwart Shaymen ; they could hardly believe what we'd done to them ! Especially, we took the ball off them with amazing frequency. Also, I've been critical of Paul Crichton in recent times, so I'm delighted to congratulate him on a very good game. Coley was spot on with his decision to sub McEvilly for Craney , and although Evil wasn't able to have a major impact I believe he was an important factor in keeping the ball in the opponents' half toward the end of the game.

In the pub afterwards there were very few complaints from the Halifax fans ; they acknowledged that , apart from the first 20 minutes or so , Stanley were the better side. You could tell that our players really wanted this one. Wonderful !
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 16:36   #7

Well Done Lads
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 16:37   #8

Talking Re: Way to Go Stanley

2 fantastic goals from us too - theirs was a tad jammy huh? That display behind the goals was sumat else - Jase got a close up right at the start and I managed to spot Gordon and a few others were shown that I didnt know..
I beleive they gave a shout of Jimbo is from Accy but I couldnt hear it

A good game once we got going. Came out in the 2nd half all guns blazin - really took it to em. I think it was 16 corners to 2 in the end and every one of Rorys corners were dangerously placed.
As has already been said, Crichton had a good one and I think Pauly Howarth did a tremendous job in keeping that Dean Howell, the one and only decent Halifax player under wraps.

Jaggers goal was f**kin brilliantly taken!! Wot a ball over by Rory... - Ian Snodin as usual kept slaggin us off but we showed him too in the end eh?? I think one of the commentators said that Accy havent come back from being behind all season - not sure if thats true but thats another jinx broken if it is. Another 3 points away - cant be bad. Puts us right back in with the chasing pack that result. Nervy for the last ten when Halifax woke up a little or we fell asleep (1 of the 2) but this time we hung on - well done lads - I was very proud... :engsmil:
Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 03-01-2005 at 18:15.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 17:03   #9

Yeah really well played today
stanley ultra's looked really good but it was a shame they didnt show the start where we threw all the stremers
Old 03-01-2005, 17:44   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I had a brilliant day. What a fabulous atmosphere and the fans were in fine voice. I was killing myself laughing at the second stanley goal as Sparky was in the bog and missed it. Bloomin typical!!

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 18:16   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
I was killing myself laughing at the second stanley goal as Sparky was in the bog and missed it. Bloomin typical!!
Hey! thats my trick hehehe!!
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 18:19   #12
I am Band

Red face Re: Way to Go Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
I was killing myself laughing at the second stanley goal as Sparky was in the bog and missed it. Bloomin typical!!
Yes Dear!

I sacrificed myself for the greater good of the team. It was tied-on that a goal would be scored whilst I was visiting the ablutions. Notice how i waited until the ball had been cleared from the Stanley goalmouth first though?

I agree totally with Smiffy. We weren't at the races for the first twenty minutes, then we started to come into the game. Halifax's left winger, Howell, was a handful during the first half, and our defence was at fault for standing off him as he made a run on goal when he scored. Our 'keeper was in fine form saving a number of goal-bound shots in the first half; and then again in the second half.
The equaliser just before the break, by Jagielka, was top drawer. I doubt he will hit another volley as sweet all season.
The second half saw plenty of sustained pressure from the Reds. It was good to see the ball being passed to another red shirt, as apposed to being hoofed up field, like much of the first half. As previously discussed, I missed the winning goal, but I couldn't see anything wrong with Paul Mullins shot on goal. He appeared to run through the defence to meet the cross.

A well won three points for the Reds and Paul Crichton was my man of the match.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 03-01-2005 at 18:20.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 18:30   #13
Resting in Peace

Smile Re: Way to Go Stanley

Great performance from all the players and fans. I am especially keen to praise Crichton and Brannan for their contributions as I have not been their greatest fan in the past. Good to see JK in with the fans behind the goal + missus(?).

What a good day and all for £6 (concession for old gits). How about it for our home games, please Rob?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 18:39   #14
Senior Member+

Well done the lads!The second half was true entertainment all the way.For any of you that taped the match have a look at about 87 mins in when Rory gets a face full off the charming Halifax player;sadly unnoticed by any officials but you can hear the Stanley fans voicing their opinions.Yes I know it looks worse than it probably was but thats not the point;just because they can't stop him they resort to this rubbish;same as Cav earlier on having fingers up his nose!!!!
Whinge over;a great game and a very valuable 3 points;well done to the players.
Big thanks to the Ultras;did Halifax actually have any fans?????
Old 03-01-2005, 21:24   #15
Senior Member+

Gotta say Lindsay, I did notice it and didn't Smithy suffer a red card for an 'accidental' arm last week, yet this geezer gets away with it, unless Conference officials can use Trial by TV. The guy should have walked. Missed someone trying to pick Cav's nose though. If its good enough to ban Rooney for 3 matches, then the Halifax player should suffer the same fate.
Another point, shouldn't Howell have been shown a red card for the last ditch tackle in the second half. I personally though he was last man and the Stanley player was through on goal. (sorry can't remember who it was, Jagielka possibly)

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 03-01-2005 at 21:30.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..