Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 22:24   #1
God Member

we gotta try......

seems like a lot of people are beginning to/have given up hope. The crowds are dwindling, the team morale appears to have hit rock bottom, the hardcore has hit rock bottom, even the bar has nobody in it any more.

As bad as things may seem right now we can't lose sight of the fact that we are still playing at the highest level for 44 years, the ground as bad it may seem is still infinitely better than it has been. Starting from saturday against Chesterfield (draw-ers?) we should try to ensure that we still continue to do our bit. The Clayton End should squeeze inwards and pack together as close as possible and then lift the team as though the ground is full and we are top of the league. Squashing together will;
1) make it appear to us that we are part of a bigger ground
2) emphasise the empty spaces to the hierarchy
3) help to generate a better atmosphere.
4) help to keep the chill off

if we are the supposed hardcore we should start acting like it and try to lead by example. All is not lost.
Old 09-12-2007, 22:27   #2
God Member

Re: we gotta try......

As long as the playing staff rediscover their bollocks, I'll be freezing mine off at the FES
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:32   #3
God Member

Re: we gotta try......

As much as its pains me but i'll be part of the hardcore with the flip side - i love my club so dont get me wrong ask my OH what a depressed pain in the arse i've been & still pixed off with it lol

We done the booing, we shown our utmost disappointment not with the results BUT WITH THE PLAY on field - we played better than that in Unibond league!! We slated to the hilt with frustration at Coleys tactical naff ups - has he listened taken notice - erm NO, the same old mistakes week in week out, have we had any assurances from the chairman - not a dickybird - oh unless the gates are crap then slate the town. Same old argument here same old frustration this season - in fact we did better LAST season debuting in the league when our league table status was in comparrision lower than this ones, we did better in the cup - flips sake game against nott'm forrest wow. Whats the difference this season to last - WE PLAYED WITH OUR HEARTS PUT THE EFFORT IN regardless, i didnt mind putting my coffers up to watch football whether we lost cos least we tried & i for one was proud of that - i've seen not much of that this season at all!! OK our away efforts have been better - BUT surely playing well at home matters more - cos thats our financial overheads, game against Wrexham was the biggest killer BIG crowd a start of a big turnover for fri night footy yet sh... performance gates lowered since as our gameplay has. Sounds negative dont it but thats the truth of it, really hurts to say but im afraid realistic to a lot of people atm

So what we pay or moneys in, forget & hope on our knees that the club will turn it around cos thats what the club is hoping we'd do too so it doesn't have to address the issue & time ticks on, i know this club is capable at staying in league 2 - even a chance on playoffs, keep playing as we are & there is a spot in relegation being kept warm for us & i for 1 know its not neccessary!!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..