Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Revived Red
  • 3 Post By lancsdave

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 22:31   #1
Senior Member+

wearestanley.co.uk

Is it not possible to close down this website? In addition to still claiming that it is not available because of "Site maintence" (spell check), it continues to say "The Accrington Stanley box office service is a new retail and ticket process feature for the 2010/2011 Football Season, allowing all customers to purchase all match day tickets and retail merchandise with great ease."

It is a continuing embarrassment, especially for anyone wishing to find out more about Stanley.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2013, 22:34   #2
Full Member+

Re: wearestanley.co.uk

You know the drill RR.........next week!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 06:27   #3
Super Moderator

If there's somebody out there with the necessary skills please PM me.

Cos sadly haven't got a clue!!

And as bad as it is certainly IMHO not a priority of mine!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 18:01   #4
Senior Member+

Who owns the website
Old 13-11-2013, 18:13   #5
Super Moderator

I haven't a clue, but will ask.

I'm sure it's tied in somehow with See360 the system that runs the ticketing.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 18:54   #6
God Member

Smile Re: wearestanley.co.uk

Whilst I know this is not the complete answer, it is a start and trust me/us, we are working on this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You can now buy 'selected' shirts from our website

Accrington Stanley 2013-2014 Home Shirt

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 19:10   #7
God Member

As Joe said, things are being discussed behind the scenes, we are trying to add bits to our website on we hope will be a very very short term measure
Old 13-11-2013, 19:18   #8
Senior Member+

ah so its not just an abandoned website
Old 13-11-2013, 19:21   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
ah so its not just an abandoned website
I shall wear my american hat and take the 5th
Old 14-11-2013, 21:07   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
And as bad as it is certainly IMHO not a priority of mine!!
One of the priorities specifically mentioned by our chairman is to improve attendances. I seem to recall a dramatic statement from him saying that we would cease to exist if they did not improve. Surely a properly functioning store website could be used to create and maintain interest. I can give a couple of examples from another club's website that I noticed this week.

That club is offering double discount in its shop for a limited period. A good earner I would have thought in the run up to Christmas.

The same club is offering special rewards and prizes for those who book tickets in advance for a forthcoming game.

We have now established an assumption that it will always be pay-on-the-day at Accrington Stanley so that will rule out the second idea of generating interest. And what message does that send out to Joe Public? Probably the same as a website that admits it is 3 years out of date.

We all know that spectators will come to watch a winning team. We do not have such a team at the moment and given our resources compared to those of others in League 2, it may be some time before we have that winning team. So we MUST devise other ways of generating and maintaining interest. Many clubs send weekly emails to fans.

Those closely connected with the club will understand the reasons for the slow progress. The reasons are a mystery to those of us on the outside.

I think I have been too long-winded here! I am trying to make two specific points.
1. It's all very well criticising local people for not attending, but what is the club doing to generate interest? I use those last two words specifically. It must be more than offering cut price tickets.
2. I fully understand that a new club website and a functioning online store are both, as the saying goes, works in progress. But progress seems painfully slow.
Redraine and smobile like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 19:57   #11
God Member

Gone

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..