Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: How much would you pay PER SEASON for multimedia on the fishy site?
£35 (this is what FL premium TV sites cost for the season) 12 30.77%
£20+ 13 33.33%
£10+ 4 10.26%
I wouldn't be prepared to pay 10 25.64%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2011, 09:53   #1
Dan
Senior Member+

Website subscription

Hi all
I'm doing a bit of market research, trying to find out what people would be prepared to pay for a website subscription service.

If the fishy site were to include a section which required you to sign up (and pay for) to access that incorporated some match highlights, audio and video interviews every few days and full commentary on every game home and away, how much would you be willing to pay PER MONTH and FOR THE FULL SEASON.

I've tried to set up a poll, but I'm not sure how to do it, so if all else fails reply with how much and why, or drop me an email to [email protected] if you have any points you'd like to make.
Ta
Dan

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2011, 09:59   #2
Dan
Senior Member+

re: Website subscription

I've put a week on the poll, so if you could get your votes in pronto that'd help...

On a monthly breakdown you'd be looking at approx £4 a month for the £35 annual option, £3 a month for the £20 option and £2 a month for the £10 option.

Again, these are all ballpark figures, but by working out what people are prepared to pay I can work out how many subscribers we need to get for it to pay for itself and whether that will be viable....

Hope that makes sense!
dan

- Barry Davies

- Brian Moore
Old 14-01-2011, 10:00   #3
Dan
Senior Member+

re: Website subscription

Can somebody put the B in the thread title please??? Who said men can't multitask!!!

- Barry Davies

- Brian Moore
Old 14-01-2011, 10:01   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Website subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Can somebody put the B in the thread title please??? Who said men can't multitask!!!
Done for you.

Is a week long enough on your poll or do you want it or anything else changing?
Old 14-01-2011, 10:19   #5
Member.

Excellent move and with luck something will come of it. £35 quid for quality content would be a small price tp pay for people like me that can’t get anywhere near Accrington anymore. That said Dan; something like this would have to be top quality for the price and not something cobbled together for now’t.

Cheers Dan.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 10:45   #6
God Member

At the moment I wouldn't pay anything. To be honest until we have changes at the top the only money I am paying is my matchday admittance.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 10:59   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
At the moment I wouldn't pay anything. To be honest until we have changes at the top the only money I am paying is my matchday admittance.
Actually thats quite a true statement here here yerself

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 11:39   #8

if the club was in good hands then 35.oo. ive put that in dan
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 11:46   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I once applied to LFC TV & they wanted 40 quid, but when it came about that it wasn't Live (visual) coverage as intimated I cancelled ! For Audio as that is mainly what we're likely to get due to FL & FA restrictions/hindrances I'd say 20-30 quid is reasonable, if you can get live coverage (visual) as it's played on the day then you could push the upper limits.

Especially for the likes of myself & others who're overseas & scattered around the globe.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 11:57   #10
Member.

After all that as transpired over the last couple of seasons and no change in sight should really suggest to people that there won't be any change at the top for the foreseeable future. Isn't it bad enough with what we have, without fans condemning us to the dark ages as well. Just let go and work with it; none of us are big enough or positioned to force any change. Anything that promotes interest or gets the name of Accrington Stanley out in the public eye in a positive light is worth trying and paying for. All this moaning about who runs or owns the club is a big negative.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 12:41   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
if you can get live coverage (visual) as it's played on the day then you could push the upper limits.

I think that facility is only available to Sky & BBC. Some of the bigger clubs do televise live reserve games but thats as much as they can do.

Quote:
I can work out how many subscribers we need to get for it to pay for itself and whether that will be viable.
Internal provider or outsourced Dan ?
Old 14-01-2011, 12:42   #12
God Member

I think Manchester City have the best multimedia on their website, take a look here Video - Manchester City FC What's more is that theirs is free.

Now obviously there is an ever so slight financial gap between them and us, so for a level similar to theirs I'd be willing to pay 15-20 notes per season.

35 just 'sounds' too much!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 13:27   #13
God Member

Sorry Dan but untill we are rid of both idiots at the top then I'm afraid I would not be prepared to pay more penny into the club.
Doug, if you feel that strongly then I'm sure that if you. offered to fund it yourself then.both oneil and. whalley would be happy to take your cash.The only people keeping the club in the dark ages are those two pratts.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 13:38   #14
Dan
Senior Member+

No need for an apology. If that's your opinion that's your opinion.

All I will say is that I must clarify that nobody "from the club" is behind this research. I have done it from my own initiative with the aim of knowing what the supporters want.

And I think I'm starting to get an idea.

To answer Dave's question above, there are two options on the table. One that the club provides the service and the second that the majority of the service is provided for them. Nothing is set in stone. In fact it is a while since I even spoke to anyone about it. I'm just exploring whether there is an appetite for this kind of thing at all.

- Barry Davies

- Brian Moore
Old 14-01-2011, 14:14   #15
God Member

I enjoyed being kept up to date with the live coverage when it was available earlier in the season for games I couldn't get to, if it adds to the content of the website in terms of more discussion, pre-match thoughts, after match thoughts etc.

Surely that can only be a good thing?

I would however like it to be an internal thing eg perhaps yourself running it Dan and if the funding from it went towards covering costs and improving communication in website content with more news & views?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..