Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2006, 18:46   #1

Welcome Back - Congrats

Yes as a 9 year old I remember vaguely the BBC TV 'Sportsview' programe (forerunner of SportsNight) one Wednesday night back in 1962 - about an original member of the Football League who had sadly gone broke and would leave the League.
So 'Dad what does Bankrupt mean'?

Accrington Stanley - its such a famous name - and jungers up MovieTone grainy images of players in Long shorts ie the Mathews era if you like.

So pleased for you on this special day.
Good luck - from a West Ham fan.

Someone famous (you'll tell me who in the thread) said that 'Accrington Stanley never won anything' - well they have now - bet that's sooo sweet.
Congrats and Bestwishes
Kiwi Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2006, 19:44   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Welcome Back - Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Hammer
Someone famous (you'll tell me who in the thread) said that 'Accrington Stanley never won anything' - well they have now - bet that's sooo sweet.
Thanks for that, yes, we're not famous for winning things. This is probably the best team we've ever had, although I'm probably too young to say so.

Watch this space.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 20:08   #3

no - its the spirit of Accrington that will not be beaten - the words "cannot" "impossible" and "gone forever" just do not exist in an Accrington dictionary
mickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 11:15   #4

Hi all - thought I'd paste up link to the West Ham Online Message board - and the Accy plaudits you are getting down in East London - your club much regarded (however it is Dagenham & Redbridge territory):engsmil: .

http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_nested.php?607811||1||

Enjoy

Last edited by Kiwi Hammer; 17-04-2006 at 11:33.
Kiwi Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..