Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 16:32   #1

Talking Well Done Lad's

Well played today lads we well diserved the three pionts even if the football wasent the best we played all season its the final scorwe that counts good to see a 4-4-2 being employed against these kind of sides. Well played and lets hope to keep it up

2005 is a good year for stanley
Old 08-01-2005, 17:31   #2
God Member

Re: Well Done Lad's

3rd place now, OK played a game or two more but they are points in the bag.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 18:16   #3
I am Banned

well played stanley, not the best performence but its the points that count
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 20:38   #4
Senior Member+

Yes I agree it wasnt the best performance BUT it's 3 points and a much needed three points.

As we have a history this year of not beating the 'lower sides' this year, it's good to get a win today as I had a bad feeling about this game.....

Coley was saying to the lads in the dressing room after the game 9 more wins and we are in the play-off he thinks.....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 22:19   #5

sorry, dont mean to sound despondent, i love stanley as well as the next person, but i really dont think that we are good enough for the football league. If and when we do enter the higher divisions , it should mean extra money on the gate, but we should be aiming for the gate money now, and we're not getting it !. The gates are lower now than they where this time last season. So lets not dwell on the '27' points from the nine games, but aim to play to the best of our ability. C'MON STANLEY
Old 08-01-2005, 22:46   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise
sorry, dont mean to sound despondent, i love stanley as well as the next person, but i really dont think that we are good enough for the football league. If and when we do enter the higher divisions , it should mean extra money on the gate, but we should be aiming for the gate money now, and we're not getting it !. The gates are lower now than they where this time last season. So lets not dwell on the '27' points from the nine games, but aim to play to the best of our ability. C'MON STANLEY
So, we should be aiming for gate money from a higher league now & not dwelling on the games left but monitoring the gate receipts!

That set of comments will greatly enhance the opinion that girls should do "shopping" instead of "soccer"

Oh & this is a smiley

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 22:49   #7
Senior Member+

I've got to disagree with you there denise

I think with 3/4 stronger players to strengthen the team we can cope very well in the football league. In our team we have a mixture of players who have vast league experience and youthful players.

We coped very very well in the games in the cup this and last year. Against Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Colchester, Bradford and Oldham I thought we played superb in each of those matches and you could not tell the difference in league status.
Old 09-01-2005, 15:18   #8

Well done, lads, against a poor but resilient Farnborough side. Evil was awesome on the day. However, we need forward reinforcements as much as Rod Stewart needs a new blonde (the Penny will be dropped pretty soon I suspect). And come back quickly Jon Kennedy. Your replacement thinks it's still Christmas and keeps giving the opposition presents!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 15:20   #9
I am Banned

I thought Crichton has been doing well in his last few games
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 16:56   #10
Senior Member+

Paul Crichton has been superb these past few games.
Old 09-01-2005, 17:05   #11

The last few games mustn't include Dagenham then!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 17:15   #12
Senior Member+

No it doesnt.........

Did you see Gravesend and Halifax?
Old 09-01-2005, 17:18   #13

thats the lasy couple smithy not the last few which envolve more than a couple which is TWO

hehehehehe
Old 09-01-2005, 17:18   #14
Senior Member+

leigh.....
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 17:24   #15
Senior Member+

Few isnt a specific number mate

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..