Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 13:42   #1
God Member

Well done the CLUB

Just forget the team effort for a second... The actual club has gone through a hell of a lot pre season.. Look at last nights program (if ya can?) and previous programs.. how long since we where black and white and photocopied?

Not just the program either... Theres been a massive transition at the club.. its not been your normal between seasons has it.. they have been run off there feet. spent most of the time stressing and worrying themselves to death and I know for a rock solid 100% fact that they all put in a a lot more hours than they get paid for.. and we all know with eric they wont be on top wages.. (sorry eric)

Theres a lot of little niggles being posted of late and although they are valid.. wheres the praise for what has been achieved by the club .. Eric gets praised for bringing us here... but beleive me everyone else (not me) has pushed the limits these last few months and I think a round of applause is apt...

Keep posting the niggles and problems otherwise they wont know..

But lets keep in mind what has been achieved by people who are learning (how league footy is) as they go .. this isn't a creep creep post.. I voice my concerns as well.. on here and to the club about a lot of things.. I like a good moan... I also believe in praise when praise due..

Well Done Accrington Stanley staff

PS: Sorry.. just found it depressing reading the forum this morning and felt sorry for anyone at the club who may also read it

Last edited by KIPAX; 09-08-2006 at 13:49.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2006, 13:50   #2
Member.

Re: Well done the CLUB

I am personally very grateful for the work done by these people. Very often it is those behind the scenes that make things happen just as much as those on the pitch.

So I well second the gentleman’s comments. Well done to all those behind Accrington Stanley Football Club.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 13:52   #3
Super Moderator

Totally and utterly agree! Well done everybody!
Old 09-08-2006, 13:54   #4
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
PS: Sorry.. just found it depressing reading the forum this morning and felt sorry for anyone at the club who may also read it

Someone had to say it and I can think of few better people. Perhaps some applause at the game on Saturday as a show of gratitude.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 14:22   #5

well said mr k
whilst the club should never be above criticism where it is due we should all remember where the club was 5 10 or even dare i say 44 years ago. since the club reformed or formed (take your pick) it has gone from virtually a park side to the football league thanks to the dedication, hard work, devotion and money of many people. the last few months have been a massive change for the club and from what i can see/hear from here in the desert like south everyone has done brilliently and should be applauded.
by the way it was a lovely evening here in swindon last night
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 14:27   #6

Well said Mr K, but don't knock those black 'n' white programmes!!! They were absolute quality to read and for £1.30 were an absolute bargain!!!

Plus, because of the owd fashioned style, you could put your hand over the Unibond badge and say it was from the 50's in front of your mates
Old 09-08-2006, 15:26   #7

Talking Re: Well done the CLUB

I agree totally Tony - well done and congratulations to everyone at the club for achieving what you have achieved in getting us where we are today !!!

It is human nature to criticise and be less effusive with praise - but we are all on a learning curve every day of our lives and Accrington Stanley have come on a huge way in a very short time. Long may it continue !!!

I am very grateful indeed for the pleasure which being associated with the club in a very simple way has brought me.

Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 15:49   #8
Senior Member+

Old 09-08-2006, 19:59   #9

Well done to all at the club, you're all doing an amazing job. Keep smiling
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 20:01   #10

Oh and I must mention last nights programme - cracking job Karen! Well Done xx
Old 09-08-2006, 21:04   #11

Yeah, well done eveybody...except Boggles! Somehow managed to mix up kissers shirt with a large fellas :S

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 22:04   #12
Resting in Peace

Feel that the true praise is not just for the background staff, ground staff, stewards, ticket sellers, fans, players, managment etc but also the people that have had the belief in the club and forward looking to better days the supporters and their familes who may have had to put up with a real football faniatic but have stood by them. It was a damp night Tuesday and I got there part way through the 1st half but I was pleased to see a team effort in the clayton end at the end of the game with the ultras singing their hearts out. That is not to say that the Offical Supporters Club have not done their bit. I think it is a big pat on the back to ALL!!!!
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 16:59   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Yeah, well done eveybody...except Boggles! Somehow managed to mix up kissers shirt with a large fellas :S
Boggles will love you for mentioning that Diesal! Yes I ended up with a mans xl, rather than junior xl - were you trying to tell me something lee?!!
Old 12-08-2006, 13:56   #14

Absolutely to everything that's been said. The Stanley staff deserve a real pat on the back.

(I'm not posting much at the moment. Problems with my computer - I'm doing this at a friends place. Hope to be back soon)

Dave
davy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..