Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2009, 07:18   #16

Re: Whalley joins Chester and injects Cash..

Like the quote in the Observer,'Its just liaising with the manager,with the team and making sure everybody's happy'.That was one of Eric's strong points,making people happy!!
Old 24-07-2009, 07:34   #17

He has certainly made me happy by leaving.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 07:52   #18
Super Moderator

Reckon he'll have his work cut out there with all their current problems. They can't even play their friendlies at the moment.
Old 24-07-2009, 08:12   #19
Senior Member+

Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk - Sport - Chester FC - New director of football Eric Whalley relishing Chester City FC challenge

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 11:32   #20
Senior Member+

[quote=Christies Child;730667]Stabby Whalley.....sound familiar?

I find it incredible that a man so passionate about your club can now turn round and be as critical as that. Hasn't he been Mr Accrington Stanley for all these years? quote]

bit like all the so called stanley fans who turned on eric, if it wasnt for that man they would be playing sunday football nowadays, the "fans" need to remember that instead of stabbing him in the back....

what goes around comes around

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 11:40   #21
God Member

you'll struggle to find anyone on here who doesn't appreciate all the good work that Mr Whalley put into the club. Unfortunately though, with Eric, he wasn't a "people person" and as such he has probably cost the club a lot of money in the long run.
Old 24-07-2009, 14:10   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
you'll struggle to find anyone on here who doesn't appreciate all the good work that Mr Whalley put into the club. Unfortunately though, with Eric, he wasn't a "people person" and as such he has probably cost the club a lot of money in the long run.
Spot on Macca Eric will go down in football history as the man who saved ASFC from oblivion and for that I,m sure the true fans of the club will be forever grateful.Eric was never a great Google Page Ranking man and never will be as far as the fans are concerned and he has gone to pastures new to spread his own brand of happiness,good luck to both him and chester (your gonna need it).For stanley the shackles have been thrown off so onwards and upwards has to be the message for the fast approaching season.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 14:38   #23
God Member

One of the game's true characters, all the Best for the future Eric
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 14:59   #24

Drag a struggling club up by its boot laces. Give us all something we never thought possible ( re entry into the FL ) Improve the ground beyond all recognition, even though as he said it is still one of the worst in the league. All this on poor attendances that inexplicably go less as the club goes upwards, Having put according to one article £2 million of his own money in, and then be abused as some of the above post. No wonder Eric is cutting his ties.
He never used two words if one would do, except the occasional expletive.
THANKS Eric and good luck whatever you do.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 15:20   #25
God Member

Where has somebody abused him?

all anybody has done is point out the frailties that I am sure he recognises himself
Old 24-07-2009, 15:46   #26
Full Member+

I think we can only say a great big thank you to Eric for all he has done for Stanley and I wish him well for the future, even if it is with Steven Vaughan, for whom I have very little time. I do have a sneaky little wish, however, for the coming season, which is that Russell Whalley should be turned away from the clubhouse one matchday! Who knows, if I wish hard enough, it could happen!!?
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 16:25   #27
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
I do have a sneaky little wish, however, for the coming season, which is that Russell Whalley should be turned away from the clubhouse one matchday! Who knows, if I wish hard enough, it could happen!!?
I will second that, if he has anything to do with the Sports Bar I not be seen there unless it's to slam the door in his face.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 22:06   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
I think we can only say a great big thank you to Eric for all he has done for Stanley and I wish him well for the future, even if it is with Steven Vaughan, for whom I have very little time. I do have a sneaky little wish, however, for the coming season, which is that Russell Whalley should be turned away from the clubhouse one matchday! Who knows, if I wish hard enough, it could happen!!?

Sad that Eric's gone . . . but every cloud has a silver lining !
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 22:37   #29
Senior Member+

Chester Crisis Goes To Court

Chester's ongoing inability to play matches shows no sign of lifting with the taxman meeting Administrators Refresh Recovery in court.
The move can be reasonably assumed to be a challenge to the way the company in Administration arranged a CVA that would see the taxman get just 15% of it's dues. [Bulls News]

Irony, what irony.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 23:03   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What Raver neglects to mention is the fact Don McKay was a great bloke, also a damn good manager of the rovers, fact they would never have progressed into the premier under him, through no fault of his own, he had took them as far as he could, under his working circumstances, the same parellel could be made fer E.W.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..