Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Exile on Spencer St

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2015, 10:04   #1
Senior Member+

What Coley says

It is sometimes difficult to understand what our esteemed manager says. No, I don't mean those post-match interviews. I mean the thinking behind his reported words.

In another thread, D3N has cast doubt on his statement that our new loanee has been signed because we need cover in defence. Assuming we play a back three, we already have Hunt, Liddle, Atkinson, Winnard, Crooks, Conneely and Buxton competing for places, plus Goulding. Is that not enough?

And Coley also says that he likes to play a settled team. How does that tie in with his statement a few weeks ago that if a player was not selected, it would not mean that he would not be selected for the next game?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2015, 10:25   #2
God Member

Re: What Coley says

Perhaps he's wingin' it.

to wing it

Meaning

To wing it is an idiom that means to improvise, to do something without proper preparation or time to rehearse. People often talk about winging it when they have to do something difficult that they didn’t have time to prepare — like a make speech or give a presentation. They might say something like "Sorry if I seem a bit disorganized, I’m totally winging it." You tell people that you’re winging it, that you’re improvising, so that they won’t expect too much from you, or so that they will be more forgiving if you make a mistake.

Cue DAV007

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 10:32   #3
Resting in Peace

It's very hard to fathom, mate. Coley also says he thinks the selected team should be able to play for 90 minutes. So unlike the 88 managers who fielded teams last saturday, including subs, he doesn't see any problem of denying his subs any piece of the action! We must be careful, though, as the thought police will be on our case any moment now.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 10:51   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
It's very hard to fathom, mate. Coley also says he thinks the selected team should be able to play for 90 minutes. So unlike the 88 managers who fielded teams last saturday, including subs, he doesn't see any problem of denying his subs any piece of the action! We must be careful, though, as the thought police will be on our case any moment now.
Its simply a case of they are all wrong n the Messiahs right.
Old 13-03-2015, 11:04   #5
God Member

I suspect part of the problem is the obsession with daily briefings, blogs, statements, announcements, press releases, etc, etc that our voracious Medja demand, and convinced everyone that they also want to listen to them.
I think most people would get fed up with having repeatedly to say something in public about their jobs and some inconsistency is inevitable. Most of us on here are liable to the odd flash of inconsistency. Which of course the Medja (including the so-called social-media, such as this web site) thrives on.
The great managers of the past (Stein, Busby, Shankly, Nicholson) didn't have to deal with this and so, when they did speak, it was usually more considered and given greater weight. But I doubt if they would survive in today's Medja empire.
Having said all that, whilst the Professor seems to be setting his mind to next season, he still has to ensure Stanley's place in the League and I just hope this latest loanee can help in that.
As F19 continues to declare, clean sheets win points.
football19 likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..