Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2008, 21:16   #1
God Member

What happened

To ASFC TV?

While we're at it what happened to Ricky and 2BR not that I miss him

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2008, 21:17   #2
God Member

Re: What happened

Ricky only came back from 3 weeks in the Carribean the other day.
Old 30-12-2008, 21:20   #3
God Member

Did they not want to keep him

www.ubuntu.com

Old 31-12-2008, 08:47   #4
Senior Member+

The ASFC TV scheme was one in a long line of similar styled projects. You didn't honestly expect an uninterrupted flow did you?
Old 31-12-2008, 08:58   #5
God Member

hmm not really but i didn't expect to see banger racing on there '
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 31-12-2008, 09:29   #6
K-P

Having somehting that doesnt work as your headliner on the official site isnt good.. esp when it hasnt worked for so long.. then again theres a lot not right.. look at the player profiles and the club history.. all reported months ago...

for many the website is first contact, window to the world and the only link fan to club for ex pats... its very important so should be looked after not dragged down or used just to squeeze every last penny out of fans...

dare I say it? news would be nice
Old 31-12-2008, 10:26   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Having somehting that doesnt work as your headliner on the official site isnt good.. esp when it hasnt worked for so long.. then again theres a lot not right.. look at the player profiles and the club history.. all reported months ago...

for many the website is first contact, window to the world and the only link fan to club for ex pats... its very important so should be looked after not dragged down or used just to squeeze every last penny out of fans...

Have to agree K-P the official Web Site should be up-to-date every week really for that year reason you said, expats wanting to keep in touch with Stanley's fortunes, from the inside and not slanted media stories
Old 31-12-2008, 10:45   #8
Senior Member+

Deja vu anyone?
Old 31-12-2008, 10:46   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post

There are some good points here Tony..It would be nice to know who is our webmaster ?? Who is responsible for the site ?? so we can e mail direct any updates from a fans point of view... Stanley TV is Dave's project and talking to him its ongoing but the seating is at the top of the priorty list at the moment.

Happy New year to one and all
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 10:50   #10
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post
Stanley TV is Dave's project and talking to him its ongoing but the seating is at the top of the priorty list at the moment.

so? the seating has absoloutly nothing to do with the website falling apart.. either take the two minutes to remove the link to the tv or take a different two minutes to update the page with info about its status... I am not even exagerating with the two minutes...

seriously.. i know theres more important things going on like the transfer window.. team winning, seats blah blah .. but that doesnt mean other things have to suffer for no good reason..

IMHO
Old 31-12-2008, 10:56   #11
I am Banned

Don't want to go into too much deatails for obvious reason's

ASFCTV is "Touchline TV" project, so only he can supply a detailed answer. However the brief details that I know are that some further legal paperwork is required to show the footage and this is "in progress"

With regards to updating the website: Yes we all agree it could be better however with the smallest staff in the Football League ( and I guess some Conference Clubs will have a bigger staff) who much go you expect our hardworking team to do???

I know at the a solution; instead of the Club signing Keiran Charnock or Royston Griffiths or Terry Gornall (something we all hope will happen) I'll suggest wl advertise and a appoint a Head of Media. He can update the website hourly, be on Radio Lancs and 2BR every sports bulletin. Perhaps he could also do away commentatries on the Web site and change the website to a PTV based one. Is this what we want????? IMHO NO!!!!!!!!

ASFC solid foundation is based on a small staff base working damn hard, and numerous volunteers who do so many tasks. I could go on all day with how other clubs waste money in so many areas.

Since the retirement and sad loss of Phil Terry, our media derpartment has lost a touch of professionalism. Pendle Red has stepped into the breach to become the "unpaid" programme editor. Perhaps there are others out there who will join the army of unpaid staff at the FES and help improve our image??
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 10:57   #12
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Talking about seats is there a start date for the insterlation
Old 31-12-2008, 11:01   #13
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
With regards to updating the website: Yes we all agree it could be better however with the smallest staff in the Football League ( and I guess some Conference Clubs will have a bigger staff) who much go you expect our hardworking team to do???
Two minutes..thats all it takes

OK so answer this.. they have time to fill the front page with adverts and stories asking for money but havent got time to put news items on.. instead we have to read it in the papers..

How does that fit in with your answer ?
Old 31-12-2008, 11:02   #14
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Pendle Red has stepped into the breach to become the "unpaid" programme editor. Perhaps ?
Unpaid.. you sure you want to say that?
Old 31-12-2008, 11:04   #15
God Member

Do they have a dedicated webmaster or is it a case of "i have nowt better to do so I will go and fiddle with the website?" It is a scandel that they cant have it updated week on week properly. Mind you after a discussion I was in on when down there seems to be an air headed attitude to a lot of work that needs doing. The orginisation is on the scale of the true blonde bimbo kind and is harming the club. Those of us who are expat fans on here are lucky as the forum keeps us up to speed to a certain extent as to what is happening. now is it just me or is the club relying on people here passing on info to save the hassle of putting it on the official web pages?????

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..