Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2010, 15:58   #1

wheels are off ?

are the nerves setting in ?
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2010, 16:00   #2
God Member

Re: wheels are off ?

It's just the curse of having such a young squad. If we finish in the top half I'll be more than happy.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 16:22   #3

The wheels are far from off, it is a refreshing change to be in this position at this polnt in the season and not being in a relegation battle, we still have games in hand on those above us. All this talk of play offs etc is doing me head in I don,t think we are ready for league one yet but I am sure that it will happen in the not to distant future.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 16:23   #4

No, everyone has a blip this is ours. Better having it now than end of April/ beginning of May. Don't lose confidence...
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 16:25   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
The wheels are far from off, it is a refreshing change to be in this position at this polnt in the season and not being in a relegation battle, we still have games in hand on those above us. All this talk of play offs etc is doing me head in I don,t think we are ready for league one yet but I am sure that it will happen in the not to distant future.
That'strue but surely play-off experience will only aid us, more hunger etc.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 16:36   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
That'strue but surely play-off experience will only aid us, more hunger etc.
Totally agree and I would be the first in the queue for a ticket for wembley.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 17:05   #7
God Member

This team is good enough to at least make the play-offs

It is down to Coley & Co. to instill that belief , make the right calls and for the players to give it there all when they cross the white line to ensure the Season does not fizzle out.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 17:45   #8
God Member

We have played 3 of the bottomish Teams recently (Macc, Imps, Gulls) and the best we could muster was 0-0 at Macc.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 18:01   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
We have played 3 of the bottomish Teams recently (Macc, Imps, Gulls) and the best we could muster was 0-0 at Macc.
We obviously need better opposition to bring out the best in us .. so look out County, Dale and Rotherham
Old 27-02-2010, 18:49   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
are the nerves setting in ?
Do you reckon Chelsea fans will be saying that after they got beat today.... doubt it
Old 27-02-2010, 19:10   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Do you reckon Chelsea fans will be saying that after they got beat today.... doubt it
I think if I was either of the Top Two in the PL I would be seriously worried

I will make a prediction now that I think Arsenal will win the Premier League

For ourselves we need to take stock of where we are, personnel available and not be afraid to change things round.

If we are looking at bringing players in no disrespect to anyone at the Club but we have to be looking to improve on what we already have and use it or it is a waste of time.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 27-02-2010 at 19:15.
Old 27-02-2010, 20:41   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think nerves have sod all to do wi it, fer me its a young side having a blip, home record must stand up wi any in division.
Old 28-02-2010, 00:38   #13
Full Member+

'Wheels off' - no way. This is best season so far. The footy is best we've seen in league 2 so far. Best squad for 3 years . What's to cry about . I'm very happy with this season given the 'off field situation in Sept/Oct'. To be honest, play offs would be an absolute bonus this year. Well done managers, team , club
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 08:14   #14
God Member

Looking at the fixtures & league table, the only one's really catchable now in the play-off spots are the Salop who have played four more games and are nine points ahead of us.

March no doubt is the defining month for the Red's and any play-off aspirations with five home games out of seven.

I would even goes as far as saying that the next two against Notts County & Macclesfield have to be nothing short of six points to suffice keeping everything on track.

Don't get me wrong a Top Half finish would be remarkable with everything that has gone on since the season kicked off and would continue Coley's fantastic record of year on year improvements.

But as long as the play-offs remain in sight, the Club have a better chance of capatilising with increased gates and more publicity which in turn should bring in Off field rewards.

My ultimate fear is if the play-offs were not achieved that we may see an exodus of some of the squad which may bring in cash to take the Club forward short term but may set us back more in the long term as we look to fill the gaps.

One thing is for sure there is never a dull moment on the Stanley Rollercoaster

On Stanley On

SFFS
Old 28-02-2010, 08:27   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Agree 100% March will be the defining month in our season, if can maintain home form, then IMHO this will be the most remarkable season in the clubs history, so go do it reds.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..