Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2007, 17:41   #1
God Member

who goes down when we win on saturday

if we win on saurday i think wrexham will go down because i cant see wrexham beating walsal or shrewsbury boston will beat torquay by that time bostons goal difference will be the same or more and i cant see wrexham beating boston by 2 or 3 goals

roll on saturday
you are invited to the biggest game in accrington stanleys history history will be in the making so make sure you are there on stanley on keep the faith cmon you reds
Old 23-04-2007, 17:46   #2
Senior Member+

Re: who goes down when we win on saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
if we win on saurday i think wrexham will go down because i cant see wrexham beating walsal or shrewsbury boston will beat torquay by that time bostons goal difference will be the same or more and i cant see wrexham beating boston by 2 or 3 goals
Anything could happen cmonstanley!!! Wrexham could beat walsal or shrewsbury and boston might not beat torquay , who knows? I think that predicitions wrong.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 17:47   #3
I am Banned

I think boston & wrexhams may hang in balance on last match day of the season
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 17:55   #4
Senior Member+

Yes i agree accymel , but i wouldnt want it to stanleys last game at dons to secure there league status

Old 23-04-2007, 18:14   #5
I am Banned

True FC hopefully ours will be decided on saturday
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 18:22   #6
Senior Member+

Yep hopefully! It would be sickening though to have to win at the dons to even have a chnace of staying up and wrexham have a game in hand! Worrying time really!

Old 23-04-2007, 18:25   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
True FC hopefully ours will be decided on saturday
it will be cause were gonna beat the macc dont worry all under control well im off now roll on saturday
Old 24-04-2007, 08:24   #8
Resting in Peace

Will not the games tonight make it a bit more clear as to the overall situation???

Tuesday, 24 April 2007
Macclesfield v Bristol Rovers, 19:45
Shrewsbury v Wrexham, 19:45

Last edited by Ber999T; 24-04-2007 at 08:27. Reason: more info
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 08:44   #9
God Member

They certainly will Ber999T, Bristol are still in with a shot at the play off places so hopefully will beat Macc tonight and Shrewsbury should beat Wrexham - although after some of the results at the weekend anything is possible. I mean Bury shouldn't have beaten Walsall in a month o Sundays but they did, Chester should have beaten Boston (and probably would have if they hadn't fielded their youth team)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 08:59   #10
Senior Member+

You mention Boston, Wrexham and Torquay but what about Macclesfield. If they lose tonight and again on Saturday, i think there might be a few squeaky bum cheeks for the last match of the season. I think for Stanley to be relegated now, there would have to be a few freak results, but there again, Bury against Walsall last Saturday and Boston against Chester (though not quite in the same category as Bury) So who can say, the one thing we have going for us is our goal difference of -10 compared to other clubs -19, -20 and worse. We just have to hope both Macc and Wrexham lose their game in hand and Torquay do us a huge favour on Saturday, coz personally, I would prefer Boston to drop out, not for the fans, but for those who lost out when they cheated their way into the league.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 17:55   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Anything could happen cmonstanley!!! Wrexham could beat walsal or shrewsbury and boston might not beat torquay , who knows? I think that predicitions wrong.
maybe as long as we survive i dont care

staying up staying up staying up staying up cmonstanley cmon
Old 24-04-2007, 21:44   #12
Senior Member+

How many said at the beginning of the season that 22nd place would be good enough for them? I have to agree with these people now, although I thought we would have been mid-table. If we beat Macclesfield on Saturday, we are safe barring a freaky couple of results the following week, and now way are Macclesfield going to claw back 11 goals as it stands tonight and who knows how many after Saturday.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 09:21   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
How many said at the beginning of the season that 22nd place would be good enough for them? I have to agree with these people now, although I thought we would have been mid-table. If we beat Macclesfield on Saturday, we are safe barring a freaky couple of results the following week, and now way are Macclesfield going to claw back 11 goals as it stands tonight and who knows how many after Saturday.

I agree with you Outback - and personally, I think it will be Macclesfield for the drop, assuming that Boston do not fold in the meantime.
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..