Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 09:34   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Who was your favourite player 2 play for stanley over the last 10 seasons????

got to be grimmy,Chris Grimshaw
Old 03-03-2005, 09:43   #17
God Member

Re: Who was your favourite player 2 play for stanley over the last 10 seasons????

There's been too many to choose just one, so every one of 'em (except Justin Jackson)!! gets my vote for one reason or another.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:37   #18
Senior Member+

From what we have seen so far, Lee Mac, otherwise Jamie Speare
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:13   #19

nowt said that youve got to have followed stanley for 10 years, but i stated that i could only coment for last 2 years
Old 03-03-2005, 12:21   #20
Senior Member+

I voted Brett Baxter as my favourite player for the period to include 1985 -1990 & 1999 to 2005. For the other period I was a member of HMForces & probably to busy seeing "gentlemans" clubs all over the world to bother about Accy Stanley!

Brett was a favourite of mine.....

Special mention to most of the recent players involved in our "glory years" from Premier Relegation to Conference promotion

Especially

Mark Shirley
JC
Jay Flannery
Russ Payne
Jamo
Rory
Lute
Mullers
Mike Marsh the list is endless.................

Go on Tony have a vote, how about Simon Carden?

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:33   #21
God Member

First.. don't be so touchy people .... I simply poined out why I wasn't voting and wondered how so many people could vote on a best in ten years when they havent been following ten years..

Simon Carden..why? Also russ Payne..Why? I didn't think they stood out as well as others Jase.. Depends on what your looking for in a player.. My top qualities in a player are pride and passion over skill... I prefer the skilfull player on the pitch but if your having a vote then pride and passion counts more and for that it would be a close run thing between Hacker and Jamo for me...
Old 03-03-2005, 12:40   #22
Senior Member+

I couldn't let this thread pass without adding the name of a player who always gave 100% every game he played. Perhaps he never quite lived up to his billing, but his never-say-die attitude will always stick with me.

His name... Bernie Hughes!! (Plus a vote for Becky too)
Old 03-03-2005, 13:14   #23
Senior Member+

Pride passion giving 100% how about JC

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 13:18   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
I couldn't let this thread pass without adding the name of a player who always gave 100% every game he played. Perhaps he never quite lived up to his billing, but his never-say-die attitude will always stick with me.

His name... Bernie Hughes!! (Plus a vote for Becky too)
Good to see you back fella, do you want an Ultras band?

How about Cav??????? Nobody has mentioned Cav? I believe his covering was the only reason we managed 9 in a row to start all this conference talk off!

I'm changing to Cav

As for why Russ Payne - he must be one of the only players to score 4 goals in a game (GW the other) As for Carden, why not ? Everyone needs a favourite....

What about Karl Bell, Mr Reliable

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 13:34   #25

high T.M dont know who you are but nice to see you back
Old 03-03-2005, 13:49   #26

Russ Procter. andy's cousin. I work with him so i'll have to say that.
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 16:21   #27
Junior Member+

Ahley Hoskins, watched him score a wonder goal in one of first games i went to see at stanley!
gbl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 19:38   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
Good to see you back fella,
You can't keep a good man down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
do you want an Ultras band?
Would that be a wristband or an armband?
Old 03-03-2005, 19:40   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidstoneaccy
high T.M dont know who you are but nice to see you back
Was I gone that long?
Old 03-03-2005, 19:52   #30
Senior Member+

Yep,it's good to see you back T-M;the return of literacy and some decent debates hopefully! Send me a pm,my dad would like a word!

Last edited by lindsay ormerod; 03-03-2005 at 19:55. Reason: missed a bit!
lindsay ormerod is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..