Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2009, 10:21   #16

Re: Who Would You Keep?

Kenny Arthur
Ian Dunbavin
Peter Cavanagh
Phil Edwards

James Bell
Peter Murphy
Colin Murdock
Robbie Williams
Chris King
Leam Richardson
Chris Turner
Jimmy Ryan
Andy Procter

John Mullin
John Miles
Bobby Grant
Sean McConville
(already under contract for next season)
Paul Mullin (already under contract for next season)
Andy Smith
Sign Charnock and Lindfield if the money is there and a few defenders, and another striker should do it. Also get a midfielder on loan for the season.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2009, 15:40   #17
God Member

Kenny Arthur
Phil Edwards
Chris King
Jimmy Ryan
Chris Turner
John Miles
Kieran Charnock (If we can afford)

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 17:11   #18
Senior Member+

After watching the match against Lincoln - here are the players I would lose:

Cav - too slow, Rocky - not up to standard for this league, Miles - drifts in and out easily and goes missing for games on end, Bav's - too injury prone, there are others, but I will come back to them later.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 17:37   #19

we need to keep every1 bar the ones like smith bell etc who have been on the periphary and will only play if we have injuries. the standard of the league this year has been very poor i can count on one hand the number of decent teams imho. we need 5 good quality additions as long as we keep the majority of the squad (including charnock). another centre back, centre mid, left footed midfielder, 2 strikers.

with most of our players out of contract am more worried about who we might lose than who we should keep. been alot of scouts at the games recently
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 14:47   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rude-dog View Post
we need to keep every1 bar the ones like smith bell etc who have been on the periphary and will only play if we have injuries. the standard of the league this year has been very poor i can count on one hand the number of decent teams imho. we need 5 good quality additions as long as we keep the majority of the squad (including charnock). another centre back, centre mid, left footed midfielder, 2 strikers.

with most of our players out of contract am more worried about who we might lose than who we should keep. been alot of scouts at the games recently

I wouldnt worry too much, there always is this time of year!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 14:57   #21
Senior Member+

I'd be surpriesed if we do not see a bid/enquiry for Tuner/Ryan/Kenny/Edwards in the summer

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 14:58   #22
Full Member+

King kenny and little jimmy ryan both been outstanding this year oh and mr edwards too
Old 06-04-2009, 15:05   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
I'd be surpriesed if we do not see a bid/enquiry for Tuner/Ryan/Kenny/Edwards in the summer
they to me are the heart of what next seasons team, will hopefully be built around, as fer who to shut, its a hard game, but young grant has not the class to me fer league football, Lindfield n Charnock hopefully kept also.
Old 06-04-2009, 15:12   #24
Senior Member+

I agree cashman but i think we should keep Grant but loan him out for half a season so he can get some first team games under his belt. Because i think he will become great agin like last season! Just wish we had got griffiths before he went back home.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 16:44   #25

Just a side note. Jordan Neild wont be going to Everton (or anywhere else) in the near future as I heard he broke his leg against Chester on Saturday.

Bad news for the lad but could be good news for us in the long run if we get to keep a good young player for a couple of seasons at least!!

Get well soon Jordan!!
jiffy bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 19:17   #26
God Member

every cloud has a silver lining etc etc

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..